#1 2022-05-30 02:47:00

Johann

Groovy Scripts - Importing variables or methods from another file

I currently have many groovy scripts with commonalities between them, but am having difficulty refactoring these parts into say a helper file.

I created a folder with my helper file. In the helper file, I simply define the package as `package folder_name` and a static variable containing some text. However, when I try to import the variable using `import static folder_name.Class.variable`, I run into an error saying:

The report could not be executed: net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.exceptions.ScriptEngineException: javax.script.ScriptException: org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: ...unable to resolve class...

Would anyone happen to know how to import variables or methods from other files into groovy scripts? Thanks in advance!

#2 2022-05-30 09:22:30

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Groovy Scripts - Importing variables or methods from another file

Hi Johann,

pls take a look here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … m-Scripts/

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2022-05-30 10:18:46

Johann

Will do, thank you Eduardo!

#4 2022-05-31 02:08:44

Johann

Hi, I have tried following the example in the documentation here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … m-Scripts/

Just to share, in case anyone else is running into issues, there are two bugs in the sample code:

1. lib.groovy (line 11): return encrypt(ciphertext, (27 - k)
is missing a closing bracket, it should be: return encrypt(ciphertext, (27 - k))

2. encryptionTest.groovy (line 9): tout.println(dec(cipher, key))
is using the wrong method name, it should be: tout.println(dec(cipher, key))

Note also that the filename for the encryption test is encryptionTest.groovy, not encryptionTest.rs, as it is described in the documentation explanation part.

#5 2022-05-31 02:29:38

Johann

eduardo wrote:

May I check if this solution is supposed to work when executing reports via "Administration > Reports" instead of through the terminal? I can execute my script successfully through the terminal, but when executing reports by right clicking on them and clicking "Execute", the library file cannot seem to be found:

Error: The report could not be executed: net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.exceptions.ScriptEngineException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: net.datenwerke.rs.terminal.service.terminal.vfs.exceptions.LocationDoesNotExistException: filesystem not found: lib.groovy ------- SCRIPT ERROR INFO ------- Script execution failed. error message: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.RuntimeException: net.datenwerke.rs.terminal.service.terminal.vfs.exceptions.LocationDoesNotExistException: filesystem not found: lib.groovy (java.lang.RuntimeException) script arguments: file: encryptionTest.groovy (id: 6234537, line 1) line number: 1 line: GLOBALS.exec("lib.groovy")

I tried running my script in the terminal with my working directory as the home directory, and found that the same error also occurred. If I were to change to the directory where the scripts are stored, then they execute fine via the terminal. How could I fix this issue? Thank you!

#6 2022-05-31 02:44:27

Johann

In hindsight, I might have been unclear in my forum topic title: For context, I am trying to use Groovy scripts for Script Reporting, so I am trying to execute reports linked to Groovy scripts, rather than executing Groovy scripts by themselves. Hope this makes more sense!

#7 2022-06-01 04:22:48

Johann

Another alternative I am considering is using the registry in the GLOBALS object: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … n-Scripts/

However, this seems like an overkill. Does anyone know of a simpler solution? Thank you!

#8 2022-06-07 09:12:31

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Johann,

we will check the documentation issues you mention and correct them.
You can use GLOBALS.exec("lib.groovy") as documented here https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … m-Scripts/ and you mentioned here: https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopi … 9499#p9499

Regards,
Eduardo

#9 2022-06-07 09:15:22

Johann

Got it, thank you!

#10 2022-07-19 11:42:38

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Johann,

note that we corrected the online documentation issues you mentioned.

Regards,
Eduardo

#11 2022-07-20 01:17:22

Johann

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the update!

Regards,
Johann

Board footer