#1 2022-06-09 08:16:36

Johann

How to import reports directly from Reports module into Teamspace

According to the documentation https://reportserver.net/en/guides/user … ng-Reports,

The dialog import reports displays all report objects that you can access. This includes all of the objects in different TeamSpaces you can access as well as possibly objects from a global catalog.

However, when I click on the "Catalog" in ReportServer, no reports show up when I have already created a number of reports (some already in the Teamspace, others not). Is this expected behaviour, if not how can reports be imported from the Reports module while in the Teamspace module?

I understand that another way is that reports could also be executed first and then saved to a Teamspace, but that is slightly more tedious and I am hoping to find a cleaner way to import reports into a Teamspace. Thank you!

#2 2022-06-09 08:30:37

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: How to import reports directly from Reports module into Teamspace

Hi Johann,

for showing reports in the catalog, you have to enter the report's name in the search field. Then it performs a server-based search and you can select the report for importing into the teamspace.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2022-06-09 08:33:52

Johann

Hm, I've tried that but also didn't get any results.

#4 2022-06-09 08:35:28

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Johann,

try by entering a part of the report's name, without spaces, and the search field must be longer than 4 characters to perform the search.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2022-06-09 08:43:42

Johann

Hi Eduardo,

The search is working fine when I have selected a Teamspace in the left sidebar. It is only when I select "Catalog" that the search does not seem to work (even without using spaces and using more than 4 characters). I am also unable to select the folder icon to the right of the search bar.

#6 2022-06-09 08:54:03

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Johann,

you have to wait for a few seconds and you should see a dropdown list with the results, as here:

Bildschirmfoto-2022-06-09-um-10-52-43.png

If not, pls check your user has the appropriate permissions and you can access the report.

Regards,
Eduardo

#7 2022-06-09 09:05:17

Johann

I was using my Administrator account, but even switching to Root I run into the same issue. Did you have to click 'enter' for the results to show?

If I click 'enter', the search bar clears and no results are returned
If I do not click 'enter', the search keyword remains in the text box but no results are returned after waiting more than a few seconds

My ReportServer version is 3.7.1, but I don't think that should be an issue?

#8 2022-06-09 09:08:42

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Johann,

you don't have to click enter, you just have to wait. You can also try to install the bitnami installer in a separate test machine (easy to install, just next-next-next), then you can check if you see the results of the demo data. If yes, something is different with your configuration/permissions.

Regards,
Eduardo

#9 2022-06-09 09:10:37

Johann

I see, thank you Eduardo!

#10 2022-06-10 05:42:36

Johann

Just to update, I have found the solution to my issue. After typing in the search bar, I added a space character and then the results started loading.

Board footer