#1 2021-11-24 10:12:50

Mnz

Multiple Datasources for one report (like in BIRT)

Hi folks!

I'm really new to ReportServer so please have patience/mercy with me.
Besides some other issues I'm facing, I'm was wondering, if there is a way, how to configure multiple datasources for one report?
What's the situation:
I have a BIRT report which works pretty fine on its own. For this report to work as it should, I'm using 3 different datasources:
Datasource.png
When I Upload this BIRT report to ReportServer, I can only define one datasource.
Datasorucers.png
So I was thinking, is there a way to tell reportserver 'just use the datasource of the report'?
How to solve this?

#2 2021-11-24 11:00:00

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Multiple Datasources for one report (like in BIRT)

Hi Mnz,

welcome to the ReportServer forum!

what happens when you leave the "DataSource" field empty in your BIRT report and then save it without any datasource?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2021-11-24 12:19:38

Mnz

Hi Eduardo!

well sir, it can be this easy sometimes. Thank you Eduardo!
I dont know why, but I did not try this one out. I left that field in RS blank and it looks like it takes the datasource from the BIRT report itself.

Thanks again Eduardo

Regards
Mnz

NOTE: since our setup needs LDAP connection, we certainly gonna buy the enterpise version. But seeing so many qualified answers in this user forum (especially from you Eduardo), makes it easy to decide for the enterprise version. Great job!

#4 2021-11-24 12:29:01

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Mnz,

thanks for letting me know, I am glad this worked!

Happy reporting,
Eduardo

#5 2021-11-24 15:06:16

jalbrecht
Administrator

Dear Mnz,
be aware that this approach bypasses everything reportserver offers regarding security to protect the data. The multiple datasources the report accesses come with the report and are neither provided not guarded by reportserver ...
wbr jan

Board footer