#1 2021-10-14 03:36:57

NatalieNish

404-Not found error

I am very new to reportserver and I am configuring reportserver with wildfly.
I have set the size to 1536m in standalone.conf in wildfly and added the JBoss-deployment-structure.xml descriptor file in the WEB_INF folder. (Did not add a separate tomcat server as wildfly is working)
Added the database connection for MySQL and JDBC jar
I think I have set up the environment and still, I get 404-not found when accessing localhost:8080/reportserver.

#2 2021-10-14 08:13:24

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: 404-Not found error

Hi NatalieNish,

can you pls try with localhost:8080/reportserver/ReportServer.html ?
Are you sure your reportserver is installed directly under "reportserver" in the webapps directory without any other subdirectory ? what is the exact location of your ReportServer.html file ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2021-10-14 14:43:07

NatalieNish

Hi,

I want to connect my existing MySQL db running in PHPMyAdmin in localhost:3306, So I connected that address in persistence.properties file.
The reportserver is in xampp/tomcat/webapps directory.
Can I connect these two?

#4 2021-10-15 05:10:06

NatalieNish

Then I tried installing tomcat and MariaDB and followed the exact steps in https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … n-windows/.
Now I am getting an issue like this.

_____                       _    _____                         
|  __ \                     | |  / ____|                         
| |__) |___ _ __   ___  _ __| |_| (___   ___ _ ____   _____ _ __
|  _  // _ \ '_ \ / _ \| '__| __|\___ \ / _ \ '__\ \ / / _ \ '__|
| | \ \  __/ |_) | (_) | |  | |_ ____) |  __/ |   \ V /  __/ |   
|_|  \_\___| .__/ \___/|_|   \__|_____/ \___|_|    \_/ \___|_|   
            | |                                                   
            |_|                                                   

Version: RS3.7.1-6046 2021-08-28-14-09-01
Code Version: 2021-06-09-10-02-15
Java Version: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.51-b03 (1.8)
VM Args: -Dcatalina.home=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0 -Dcatalina.base=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0 -Djava.io.tmpdir=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\temp -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager -Djava.util.logging.config.file=C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 9.0\conf\logging.properties -Drs.configdir=C:\Program Files\reportserver -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 exit abort -Xms512m -Xmx1536m
rs.configdir: C:\Program Files\reportserver (OK)

### DB Config ###
hibernate.dialect:  (Class Not Found)
hibernate.connection.driver_class:  (Class Not Found)
hibernate.connection.url:
hibernate.connection.username:
hibernate.connection.password: **********
hibernate.default_schema:

Connection Test: Failed (null)

15-Oct-2021 10:01:21.974 SEVERE [main] net.datenwerke.rs.ReportServerServiceConfig.getInjector ReportServer encountered an error while validating its environment. Startup interrupted.

My persistence.properties file looks like below.

#
# file: persistence.properties
# description: This file contains the database settings for ReportServer

# Credentials
hibernate.connection.username=ReportS
hibernate.connection.password=password

#MySQL
#hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.MySQL5Dialect
#hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
#hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/reportserver

# MariaDb
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.MariaDbDialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class=org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver
hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3308/reportserver

# PostgreSQL
# hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.PostgreSQLDialect
# hibernate.connection.driver_class=org.postgresql.Driver
# hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/reportserver

# Oracle
#
# Select ONE of the following dialects depending on your Oracle version
#
#     hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.Oracle10gDialect
#     hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.Oracle12cDialect
#
# hibernate.connection.driver_class=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
# hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:reportserver
# hibernate.default_schema=

# SQL Server
# hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.SQLServer2008Dialect
# hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
# hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=reportserver

# DB2
# hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.DB2Dialect
# hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
# hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:db2://localhost:50000/TEST

# Connection pool settings.
# Hibernate uses the C3P0 connection pool. The following properties allow to
# configure C3P0 as used by Hibernate. Note that this does not have any effect
# on the connection pool used by ReportServer for handling reporting.
#
# If no changes are made here, then the default settings are active
#
# hibernate.c3p0.acquire_increment=5
# hibernate.c3p0.idle_test_period=60
# hibernate.c3p0.timeout=3600
# hibernate.c3p0.max_size=30
# hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=0
# hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5

Used port 3308 when configuring MariaDB. Changed the DB connection from MariaDB to MySQL also, but the same error occurs.

#5 2021-10-15 12:54:51

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

where exactly do you have the persistence.properties you posted?

Regards,
Eduardo

#6 2021-10-15 16:43:35

NatalieNish

Hi,
It is now working fine. I re-installed everything and started again.
I now want to know that below stated method is possible? Because in my case, this is the best solution. Running on wildfly and connect to a DB running in 3306.

NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,

I want to connect my existing MySQL db running in PHPMyAdmin in localhost:3306,  and wildfly server is running in 8080. Instead tomcat I can use wildfly. I tried like in earlier message, but it says 404-Not Found. In that case my reportserver folder was in xampp/tomcat/webapps directory. 

Can I connect these two?

Thank you

Last edited by NatalieNish (2021-10-15 16:57:07)

#7 2021-10-18 10:30:56

NatalieNish

Hi,

When I am trying to execute a report via URL, like in https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … a-the-URL/
I get an error saying no columns selected. When using http://localhost:8080/ReportServer.html#inlinereport/id:1 the report server goes to the preview section but has an error "No columns selected".
I created a dynamic list with id=1 and executed it, exported it as pdf, and there was no problem. But when trying to execute via URL only this happens.

#8 2021-10-19 07:36:16

eduardo
Administrator
Website

NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,
I now want to know that below stated method is possible? Because in my case, this is the best solution. Running on wildfly and connect to a DB running in 3306.

NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,

I want to connect my existing MySQL db running in PHPMyAdmin in localhost:3306,  and wildfly server is running in 8080. Instead tomcat I can use wildfly. I tried like in earlier message, but it says 404-Not Found. In that case my reportserver folder was in xampp/tomcat/webapps directory. 

Can I connect these two?

Thank you

Hi NatalieNish,

yes, this should be possible, as you can configure the database (including ports, etc) in the persistence.properties file.

Regards,
Eduardo

#9 2021-10-19 07:38:32

eduardo
Administrator
Website

NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,

When I am trying to execute a report via URL, like in https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … a-the-URL/
I get an error saying no columns selected. When using http://localhost:8080/ReportServer.html#inlinereport/id:1 the report server goes to the preview section but has an error "No columns selected".
I created a dynamic list with id=1 and executed it, exported it as pdf, and there was no problem. But when trying to execute via URL only this happens.

Hi NatalieNish,

pls open new threads for different, unrelated topics.
You can either open a pre-configured variant (including column configuration) or you can include the columns in the url:

c_1    For dynamic lists this option specifies the columns to output. Separated by the pipe symbol, an alias can be entered. The figure following the underscore specifies the sequence. c_2=ID|fooID specifies the second column to be the ID column with the alias fooID.

As in this example:
http://SERVER:PORT/reportserverbasedir/ReportServer.html#inlinereport/key:customer&c_1:CUS_CUSTOMERNUMBER&c_2:CUS_CUSTOMERNAME&c_3:CUS_ADDRESSLINE1&c_4:CUS_ADDRESSLINE2&c_5:CUS_CITY&fi_1:187&views:preview

Regards,
Eduardo

#10 2021-10-21 03:38:18

NatalieNish

eduardo wrote:
NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,

NatalieNish wrote:

Hi,

I want to connect my existing MySQL db running in PHPMyAdmin in localhost:3306,  and wildfly server is running in 8080. Instead tomcat I can use wildfly. I tried like in earlier message, but it says 404-Not Found. In that case, my reportserver folder was in xampp/tomcat/webapps directory. 

Can I connect these two?

Thank you

Hi NatalieNish,

yes, this should be possible, as you can configure the database (including ports, etc) in the persistence.properties file.

Regards,
Eduardo

I tried this method like in the below steps

*added the scriptor file(jboss-deployment-structure.xml) in the WEB_INF folder
*placed the reportserver folder in the wildfly-18.0.1.Final/standalone/deployments/
*changed the name persistence.properties.examples to persistence.properties
*added the following DB connection lines

hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver
        hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/db_name
        hibernate.connection.username=root
        hibernate.connection.password=

*Added the driver-jar in the lib folder

I want to clarify the below points as the above setup still gives the 404-Not Found error.

1. My DB connection username has no password. How can I state that?
2. There is no dialect to select when I am using an existing DB
3. lib folder already contains a MySQL driver when installing, so I don't need to place another?

The below error message is in widlfy log.

2021-10-21 10:16:41,536 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYDS0016: Failed checking whether C:\wildfly-18.0.1.Final\standalone\deployments\reportserver\resources\legacysaiku\RsSaiku.gwt.xml was a complete XML: java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.co … module.dtd
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1835)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1440)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:1033)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:941)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.startDTDEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:908)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDTDScannerImpl.setInputSource(XMLDTDScannerImpl.java:241)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1001)
    at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:324)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:875)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:798)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:108)
    at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1198)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:564)
    at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:298)
    at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java:328)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.XmlCompletionScanner.isCompleteDocument(XmlCompletionScanner.java:53)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.isXmlComplete(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:1015)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.scanDirectory(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:970)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.scanDirectory(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:1007)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.scanDirectory(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:1007)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.scan(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:598)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService.scan(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:493)
    at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner.FileSystemDeploymentService$DeploymentScanRunnable.run(FileSystemDeploymentService.java:255)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    at org.jboss.threads.JBossThread.run(JBossThread.java:485)

2021-10-21 10:16:41,540 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) WFLYDS0021: Deployment content C:\wildfly-18.0.1.Final\standalone\deployments\reportserver\resources\legacysaiku\RsSaiku.gwt.xml appears to be incomplete and is not progressing toward completion. This content cannot be auto-deployed.

Last edited by NatalieNish (2021-10-21 04:59:55)

#11 2021-10-21 07:46:56

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

does deleting this file reportserver\resources\legacysaiku\RsSaiku.gwt.xml help ?
This is not needed and we are evaluating deleting it from next versions along with other unnecessary xml files.

Regards,
Eduardo

#12 2021-10-21 08:08:03

NatalieNish

Hi @eduardo,

I deleted it and then it worked . But there comes another problem.

_____                       _    _____                         
|  __ \                     | |  / ____|                         
| |__) |___ _ __   ___  _ __| |_| (___   ___ _ ____   _____ _ __
|  _  // _ \ '_ \ / _ \| '__| __|\___ \ / _ \ '__\ \ / / _ \ '__|
| | \ \  __/ |_) | (_) | |  | |_ ____) |  __/ |   \ V /  __/ |   
|_|  \_\___| .__/ \___/|_|   \__|_____/ \___|_|    \_/ \___|_|   
            | |                                                   
            |_|                                                   

Version: RS3.7.1-6046 2021-08-28-14-09-01
Code Version: 2021-06-09-10-02-15
Java Version: Oracle Corporation Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.51-b03 (1.8)
VM Args: -Dprogram.name=standalone.bat -Xms64M -Xmx2g -XX:MetaspaceSize=96M -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file=C:\Users\Prathibha Nishadi\Project Related\wildfly-18.0.1.Final\standalone\log\server.log -Dlogging.configuration=file:C:\Users\Prathibha Nishadi\Project Related\wildfly-18.0.1.Final\standalone\configuration/logging.properties
rs.configdir: Not Configured

### DB Config ###
hibernate.dialect:  (Class Not Found)
hibernate.connection.driver_class: com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver (OK)
hibernate.connection.url: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/dbname(OK)
hibernate.connection.username: root
hibernate.connection.password: **********
hibernate.default_schema:

Connection Test: Failed (null)

An error happens like above. There is no such dialect for my existing db. Like asked in above message's question 1 and 2.

Thank you.

#13 2021-10-21 08:17:47

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

did you uncomment your mysql dialect in your persistence.properties file?

#MySQL
#hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.MySQL5Dialect

->

#MySQL
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.MySQL5Dialect

Regards,
Eduardo

#14 2021-10-21 08:27:30

NatalieNish

Hi,

But the dialect contains a different set of tables from my DB.
When I uncomment that line, this is what I can see.

Connection Test: OK
Schema Version: Unknown ((conn=78) Table 'mydb.rs_schemainfo' doesn't exist)
Schema-validation: missing table [RS_ACE]

#15 2021-10-21 08:33:45

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

you first have to create the reportserver tables as explained in the installation guide:
https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … /#database
https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … /#database

"Initialize the ReportServer Database"
ReportServer expects that its database is properly initialized. For this we need to run the DDL script for MySQL that is located in the ddl subdirectory of ReportServer (i.e., in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.0\webapps\ROOT\ddl). ReportServer supports various databases and in that directory you not only find the create script for MySQL (which is also the one needed for MariaDB) but also for all other supported databases. The files are named according to the following format:

Basically, you just have to run the create DDL file, in your case, reportserver-VERSION-schema-MySQL5_CREATE.sql (this is contained in the ddl folder of your download)

Regards,
Eduardo

#16 2021-10-21 09:15:03

NatalieNish

Hi eduardo,

So, basically, you are saying that I have to run that DDL SQL script in my existing DB and create those tables there?

#17 2021-10-21 09:25:09

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

yes, you have to create the tables that reportserver will use in your database by running the create ddls.

Regards,
Eduardo

#18 2021-10-21 17:49:53

NatalieNish

Hi,

Thank you for all your support. It's working on wildfly now. But there is one more problem.
I used username root and password root to log in. but it just clears out the password and stays there. I think it doesn't accept the password. What can I do about this? How can I change my username and password? Should I change something in the rs_users table?

Last edited by NatalieNish (2021-10-22 02:55:26)

#19 2021-10-22 07:48:27

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

so you can't log in with root if I understand correctly? Do you have any error messages in the logs?

Regards,
Eduardo

#20 2021-10-22 08:08:52

NatalieNish

Hi eduardo,

Yes. Cannot log in. No error messages are there. When I removed authentication using net.datenwerke.rs.authenticator.service.pam.EveryoneIsRootPAM in reportserver.properties, it worked. But it isn't working for root user login.

Thank you.

#21 2021-10-22 08:32:41

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

you can log-in with net.datenwerke.rs.authenticator.service.pam.EveryoneIsRootPAM as you did and then go to the users tab where you can change the password of your root-user. It should then work with the UserPasswordPAM.

Regards,
Eduardo

#22 2021-11-01 02:55:33

NatalieNish

Hi eduardo,

Thank you for the guidance. Now my report server instance is running fine. Sorry for the late reply.

Thank you.

#23 2021-11-08 15:53:13

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi NatalieNish,

today we released 3.7.1-6048 where we deleted the unnecessary .xml files as discussed above.

Regards,
Eduardo

#24 2021-11-09 03:34:29

NatalieNish

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the information. Will use it in further development.

Thank you.

Board footer