#1 2021-05-24 14:19:34

Taufall

problem with Connect to DB2

Hello,
try to get a connection to a DB2 database.

### DB Config ###
hibernate.dialect: net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.DB2Dialect (OK)
hibernate.connection.driver_class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver (OK)
hibernate.connection.url: jdbc:db2://172.16.64.124:5912/T00 (OK)
hibernate.connection.username: spedition
hibernate.connection.password: **********
hibernate.default_schema: sapvot

Connection Test: OK
Schema Version: Unknown (DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-204, SQLSTATE=42704, SQLERRMC=SPEDITION.RS_SCHEMAINFO, DRIVER=4.26.14)
Schema-validation: missing table [RS_ACE]

ODBC Connection is working with param "CurrentSchema = sapvot".

Would be great to get help solving that problem.
Many thanks
Harald

#2 2021-05-25 07:08:52

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: problem with Connect to DB2

Hi Taufall,

do you see the table RS_ACE when connecting to sapvot schema?
what do you get with "select * from RS_ACE"?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2021-05-25 18:18:33

Taufall

Hi Eduardo,
searching with ODBC on the DB2 database there is no table RS_ACE. I think hibernate
doesn´t get the schema info right, because SPEDITION.RS_SCHEMAINFO is
the username and I think should be the schemaname sapvot.RS_SCHEMAINFO.
Would be helpful to have a example for a hibernate connection to DB2
Regards Harald

#4 2021-05-26 06:00:56

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Taufall,

I don't know what exactly is your "SPEDITION" or your "sapvot" schema, but the schema you are planning to use with ReportServer has to contain the ReportServer tables (RS_ACE for example). Did you import the schemas / ddls for your version?

Pls check here: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … -practice/ and here: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … n-windows/ for installation details.

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2021-05-27 17:20:20

Taufall

Hi Eduardo,
the ReportServer itself shall work with MariaDB as it does when installed as standard. I just downloaded and installed the report server
without any modification. What I want to do is connection a DB2 database as a source  for reports. To do so I understand that I have to install JDB2 and then I can select DB2 as a datasource.
Therefore the schema for ReportServer is not in DB2 but in MariaDB. The schema sapvot is a DB2 schema where the tables are located I want to use for the reports. My "Spedition" is the Username for access to DB" database.
What do I have to change that ReportServer understand that DB" is onlyx the database for source data ?
Regards Harald

#6 2021-05-31 08:16:05

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Harald,

if you modify persistence.properties, you modify the ReportServer internal datasource, so if you set DB2 in persistence.properties, ReportServer tries to load its internal database from the DB2 database. If such, it looks for tables such as RS_ACE, etc. So if you plan to use the standard (Bitnami) database, which is MariaDB, pls don't change persistence.properties

For using DB2 as a "normal" datasource, pls just add a datasource and use the "test" button to test it is working. More information here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … tasources/

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer