#1 2021-03-24 16:32:09

telpochyaotl

JasperReports Dynamic Datasource when calling via URL

Hello All...

When one creates a JR report in RS one has to choose a datasource.  Is it possible in any way to have this datasource be indicated as a parameter to report server?

An example use case is having the same report definition and key be used by multiple users against different databases.

If this is not possible a workaround would be to add the report as many times as datasources are available and adjust the key accordingly but I wanted to see if there is a possibility to make the datasource somehow dynamic.

Thanks!

#2 2021-03-25 13:51:06

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: JasperReports Dynamic Datasource when calling via URL

Hi telpochyaotl,

what you are looking for seems to be datasource bundles: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … tasources/

4.11. Datasource Bundle

The datasource bundle allows you to use the same report for different datasources an have the users select which database to use. To use this feature you first have to define sets or bundles of similar datasources from which a selection can be made. For this, in the datasource manager create a new datasource of type database bundle. After you configured the bundle, instead of using a specific datasource, you use the bundle as the datasource for your report.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2021-03-25 16:15:35

telpochyaotl

Re: JasperReports Dynamic Datasource when calling via URL

Wow, RS features don't cease to amaze me! This looks exactly like the feature I was looking for and seems that it can be used as a report parameter that should work when retrieving reports via URL, will have to give it a try... This is awesome Eduardo, as always, thank you very much for sharing your knowledge and supporting this forum!

Board footer