#1 2019-06-06 07:52:51

Patryx

Dashboard via URL for report user

Hi,

Can you tell me it is possible that I log in as administrator and create special dashboard for normal User? Documentation says that I can create dashboard for me, so I suppose I cannot be a normal user (no administrator) to use dashboard.

I want to use inline dashboard url. I use my script which firstly logs me into RepoertServer as user given by username and apikey (as I did for inline reports) and then I expect to see right dashboard with reports on it.
The problem is that I cannot get any dashboard to show for such a user. I tried to set permission etc but it doesn;t help - I justcan choose Default but I don;t see ny reports added.
Is possible such a scenario to create dashboard for such a user?

#2 2019-06-06 08:42:34

Patryx

Re: Dashboard via URL for report user

Hi,
I found that I have to set password for such user (let's say for "dashboarduser") and put it into Users group - I did it as administrator.
Addionally I added permission for read, write, execute for Dashboard to this user.
Then I logged off and logged in as user. Then I prepared my dashboard and log off.
Now I can log in as administrator again, remove such a user from Users group (to block him possibility to log into ReportServer directly).
When I use URL for inline dashboard (I log in for such user using apikey before redirect to inline dashboard url), I can see my dashboard with reports added before. It's ok.

BUT how can I define parameters etc in the url for each report?! I have few reports which have hidden and mandatory parameters which ones I define in url (when I use inline reports).

Is there any solution to define parameters for reports when I use URL for dashboards?

Last edited by Patryx (2019-06-06 08:45:13)

#3 2019-06-21 05:55:39

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Dashboard via URL for report user

Hi Patryx,

would a parameter dadget work for you? In such a way you can control the parameters of the reports in your dashboard.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer