#1 2017-12-15 09:38:44

Achilie
Website

Refresh Pivot of a dynamic list

Hello,

i have a dynamic list which displays logged on users per hour.
I have created a pivot table from this list.
This pivot table is not refreshed even if i logged off and on (i tried the reload-button too).
In the dynamic list new entries in the table are displayed.

How to set the refresh interval for a mondrian schema?
I am using RS 3.0.3 and Oracle 11

Thanks in advance
Joachim

#2 2017-12-16 12:53:29

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Refresh Pivot of a dynamic list

Hi Joachim,

I am able to reproduce the issue. I will take a look what is happening here.
In the meanwhile, you can use the script in #15, https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?id=376 , which solves the issue.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2017-12-18 14:01:01

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Joachim,

I found and corrected this issue. It will be fixed in the next reportserver version.
In the meanwhile, you can use the script mentioned above.

Regards,
Eduardo

#4 2018-10-30 19:17:16

leclou69

Hi Eduardo,
sorry to say, but it seems the issue still persists.
In my case, it is not the pivot view of a dynamic list, but a Saiku Report based on a Mondrian Datasource.
We're using version 3.04 of Reportserver Community Edition.
The first time I build a Saiku Report everything works fine.
But when I close the Report and open it again, the measures haven't changed although the values in the datasource did.
I also implemented the script you mentioned, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
Is there any configuration option to set to clear the cache in a certain interval or manually?
Thanks in advance, Markus

#5 2018-11-02 12:43:15

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Markus,

please try the latest 3.0.5 version. Here we solved some cache errors for pivot reports: RS-3046    Bug    Dimention cache is not refreshing correctly for pivot reports in some cases

Anyway, you mention that you have a saiku report based on a mondrian datasource. RS-3046 is only for refreshing the cache for pivot reports. Saiku reports don't refresh their cache automatically, since data generation may be expensive. So you have to flush the cache manually for the moment. We are working on a flush cache button for datasources in RS-3034. Until then, you may use the script I mentioned above. If you have Community Edition you cannot execute scripts, though. You can use the enterprise evaluation for this.

Regards,
Eduardo

#6 2018-11-02 14:33:28

leclou69

Hi Eduardo,
thanks for the reply. Haven't recognized the 3.0.5 version yet. Will give it a try.
As you mentioned that it won't help me concerning the Saiku-Reports, which limitations are there in the enterprise evaluation? Haven't found any description on the website.
If I persist on the CE, would a mondrian.properties be a way to go as mentioned here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … Datasource?

#7 2018-11-02 14:43:10

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Markus,

the enterprise evaluation has no limitations comparing with the enterprise version apart from some small features, e.g. changing the logo is only possible in the enterprise edition.
Apart from that, you can use the enterprise evaluation for evaluating and trying all enterprise features.

A mondrian.properties file won't change the caching behavior.

Best regards,
Eduardo

#8 2018-11-02 15:02:11

leclou69

Hi Eduardo,
I guessed to get the evaluation version by downloading the Enterprise edition from the website. Getting to the download area, it tells me that it is a 45 day trial version. What happens after the 45 days?
Or is there a different place to get the evaluation version?

#9 2018-11-02 15:20:22

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Markus,

this is the evaluation version, you are correct. You have an enterprise evaluation version for 45 days. If you need to evaluate longer you can request for evaluation license extension.
After your evaluation period your installation automatically downgrades to community edition. You can compare both versions here: https://reportserver.net/en/pricing/ (scroll down for a detailed comparison).

Regards,
Eduardo

#10 2019-07-29 16:16:26

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi,

The Mondrian data cache can be cleared with help of a button in the new ReportServer 3.0.8. Check the release notes: https://reportserver.net/releasenotes/RS3.0.8.html

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer