#1 2016-12-12 09:06:54

quintg

No parameters in dashboard

Hello all,

I must have a complete misunderstanding of the concept of parameters or there is something missing in my setup but I am not able to get any parameter into a dashboard.

I created some jasper and Birt reports using parameters, I configured those by pressing the 'Suggest Parameter' resp. 'Extract parameters'-button and added description and default values.

When I insert a jasper report dadget in 'Complete Standard View' mode it shows the parameters, I can set values and preview. So far so good. But those parameters are not picked up by the filter icon nor by the 'Edit report parameters'-button nor by the parameter dadget.

Same for dynamic view variant.

With a Birt report dadget it is different: I see an empty dadget, also in 'Complete Standard View'-mode. This report is a list report with groups and subtotals, but no charts and it runs fine in a Teamspace or via Administration. In the log file I see below warning but not for every attempt I did to get Birt to work:

WARNING [http-apr-8080-exec-10] net.datenwerke.rs.birt.service.reportengine.FileServerServiceResourceLocator.findResource Birt library folder not found

I used the reportserverenterprise-3.0.2-3 Windows installer from bitnami.

#2 2017-01-18 10:30:45

quintg

Re: No parameters in dashboard

I just downloaded the 32-bits version from bitnami and installed on my laptop. I exported the same dynamic list from the server (64-bits) to my laptop and now was able to create a dashboard which does pick up the parameter. So something is wrong in the 64-bits distribution file or in my installation. No errors are being logged while creating the dashboards.

#3 2017-01-20 15:58:35

quintg

Re: No parameters in dashboard

I found another 64-bits server and did a clean install of the very same installer and issue disappeared! This topic can be closed.

Board footer