#1 2013-10-08 22:51:39

sspiros

Multiple Datasources

Hi,
One of the most useful features that BIRT Reports offer out of the box is the support of multiple datasources. (Jasper on the other hand needs a solution such as unityjdbc and I am not sure about crystal reports...). As far as I understood only one datasource is selectable per report right now, correct? We are particularly interested to see support for more than one on BIRT Reports and to my knowledge this is really valuable to any corporate environment. Could we consider it as a possible feature of a next release or is it that much of a hassle to implement?

#2 2013-10-08 23:18:31

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: Multiple Datasources

Hi,

you can use Birt reports with multiple datasources, if you do not select a datasource in ReportServer, the datasources will be used as configured in the rptdesign file.

As for actually passing in mutliple connections: The birt api function we use to pass in the connection object, does not allow multiple datasources. But we are considering to make our datasources available via jndi, so this might be a way around this.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2013-10-09 12:06:58

sspiros

Re: Multiple Datasources

I didn't realize that I could omit the datasource. Excellent, it is working properly
Thanks!

Board footer