#1 2016-05-23 12:38:09

hvupadhye

Permission management query

Hello Friends,

Is it possible to show just parameter and preview option to the end user ? because I don't want the end user should manipulate the settings which I have been provided during creating report ? If yes, how to do that ? and if no, what is workaround ?

#2 2016-05-23 14:40:21

Glandike

Re: Permission management query

You could just set visibility only to teamspace, and publish your reports there. Users will see all published reports and can execute them with their own parameters. If you want let them see exactly preview tab without any others, then look here: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … a-the-URL/ . You could set tabs users be able to see. (at bottom @ "&views:listconfig|preview")

#3 2016-05-24 06:34:05

hvupadhye

Hello Glandike, Thank you for your help. This is going to be very useful when I want to embed the reports from report server to other external application. But in current situation I want to use report server only. In this case, is there any other way to do that ? I just want when end user get logged to the report server and open the report which has been published already, he should able to see just parameter and preview, nothing else. once again thank you.

#4 2016-05-24 08:26:44

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

I am afraid this is not possible. The idea behind Dynamic lists is that end users can configure them. Thus, when logged in to ReportServer they do see the entire tool set and not just preview and parameters. If you really want to restrict this then the embedding pointed out by Glandike is the way to go. One other option might be to show the report in a dashboard in which case you could show only the preview and have the parameters as a parameter dadget.

Cheers
Arno

Board footer