#1 2016-05-18 11:34:16

karolina

Filters in the Dynamic List

Hi,

In the Dynamic List view I would like to display all rows in case value in one of the columns are duplicated.

For instance: I have a list of invoices and I'd like to quickly find all cases where the invoice number is duplicated (let's say the relevant column is INVOICE_NUMBER)

My understanding is that this could be done by prefiltering and expressions like ${agg.count()}

Am I right? I made some attempts, trying to figure it out from the documentation, but without success.

Another case would be to show all the invoices with net value (NET_VALUE) > 10000. I guess there is a similar way to achieve that - I just need some hints and examples.

Cheers,
Karolina

#2 2016-05-18 11:49:24

karolina

Re: Filters in the Dynamic List

OK, I found the answer for the second question:

I had to put "10000 - " in the text input page of the "Include range" part of the filter confuguration, as described in 6.4 section of the User Guide.

#3 2016-05-18 15:49:20

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Karolina,

The agg.count won't really help in this situation. The easiest is to use a window function and add an extra attribute either directly in the underlying report or as a computed column. Assuming the table is TEST_TABLE and the field you are interested in is INVOICE_NUMBER you can use the following query:

SELECT *, COUNT(*) OVER (PARTITION BY INVOICE_NUMBER) AS CNT_INVOICES FROM TEST_TABLE

(The example is for PostgreSQL.) This adds the field CNT_INVOICES which contains the number of records with the same INVOICE_NUMBER in the table. Once you have that, you can simply use a regular filter and filter on

2 -

to get all the records that have duplicate INVOICE_NUMBERS.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Arno

#4 2016-05-18 15:57:46

karolina

Thanks Arno!

If possible, please share some more examples of filtering expressions in one of your future blogposts about the Dynamic List smile

Cheers,
Karolina

#5 2016-05-18 16:00:47

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Sounds like a plan big_smile

Board footer