#1 2013-08-08 04:22:15

jsohl

Problems with LDAP import

I upgraded to the latest version and am trying to setup LDAP with the instructions that have been posted. I'm running into a strange problem during import and I'm wondering if you can help me figure out what is going on.
We want to import an OU called Employees. When I set this OU as the ldapBase I get a long message that starts with "Cannot invoke method get() on null object"
Under the Employees OU we have about 15 other OUs and some OUs in OUs. I tried setting the ldapBase to something directly below Employees and it worked.
I am thinking there is an OU, user or group that is the problem. To try and narrow the problem I changed the ldapFilter to only find OUs and this worked. Filtering for OUs and Groups also worked.
So clearly there is something wrong with the users. Probably a missing attribute or something. But I don't know what the import script is depending upon. If I know what to look for I can audit our user accounts. Any help and advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jacob

#2 2013-08-08 11:29:16

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: Problems with LDAP import

Hi Jacob,

you are probably right that looks like a missing attribute.

I made some changes to the script:
    - error messages include the directory object that was currently processed as the error occured
    - missing attributes will only result in a warning and not cause the script to fail altogether.

That should either solve your problem or at least help you to track down the cause.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2013-08-08 21:17:19

jsohl

Re: Problems with LDAP import

I found a couple test accounts in Active Directory that were missing sn (Lastname). I filled in this field and also downloaded your new script. This time everything imported without error.
I set up authentication today and things are working great so far.
Thanks again for all your work!

Board footer