#1 2013-07-23 19:23:35

quasimotoca

GWTC Ant target

Hi Guys:

Executing ant target: 'ant gwtc' produces the following warnings (many many times):

[java]       Rebinding net.datenwerke.rs.tabletemplate.client.tabletemplate.hookers.EnhanceFilterToolbarHooker_TableTemplateTemplates_render_SafeHtml__ModelClass_entry___SafeHtmlTemplates
     [java]          Checking rule <generate-with class='com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.gwt.rebind.RequestFactoryGenerator'/>
     [java]             [WARN] Unknown type 'com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.shared.RequestFactory' specified in deferred binding rule
     [java]          Checking rule <generate-with class='com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.gwt.rebind.RequestFactoryEditorDriverGenerator'/>
     [java]             [WARN] Unknown type 'com.google.web.bindery.requestfactory.gwt.client.RequestFactoryEditorDriver' specified in deferred binding rule

Then it died after 251 minutes...

BUILD FAILED
/root/Downloads/gridworkz/test/ReportServer/build.xml:48: Java returned: 1

Total time: 251 minutes 28 seconds

Is there any trick to get GWTC ant target to work?  I'm using gwt-sdk 2.5.1. The reason we're doing everything commandline is that we're working headless and remote for a client at the moment.

Cheers,
Dave

#2 2013-07-23 20:13:17

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: GWTC Ant target

Hi Dave, 

asuming you are trying to build RS using the build.xml file in the ReportServer project directory, I fear you fell victim to some long dysfunctional leftovers from our former build process. Sorry, we should have removed this long ago.

The easiest way to compile the gwt part, is to use googles eclipse plugin (assign sufficient ram with -Xmx and use -localWorkers for parallel compilation). Usually the complete build cycle takes about one hour.

That beeing said may I ask, what you are actually trying to do? There may very vell be a different approach, that does not require a complete rebuild.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2013-07-23 20:34:51

quasimotoca

Hi Thorsten:

Ah, that makes sense now. Yes, some background.  We basically provide IT services to the financial district in Toronto. We wanted to showcase ReportServer to a brokerage house we're working with and we wanted to show them the flexibility of an open source solution by demonstrating to them the ability to customize the software to suite their needs.  Hence the building from scratch stuff.

We're actually quite intersted in ReportServer and at some pointed wanted to chat about installing it for various brokers on the street.  We want to take brokerage back-office data from National Bank and mine/report on it with ReportServer for various National Bank correspondent brokers.  There's about 15 of them downtown. We want to offer is as a sort of cloud based reporting service (if the regulators will let us house the data in the cloud).  I've determined that ReportServer offers the most features for an open source project. It beats Jasper and many others straight out of the box.  The fact that you do dashboards, ad-hoc lists and TeamSpace makes your software a very compelling offering.

Cheers,
Dave

#4 2013-07-24 08:56:26

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi Dave,

I thought you might just be after some minor modifications - many of these can be done without recompiling by using scripts. This by the way, in terms of flexibility, is in my opinion one of the most compelling ReportServer features: The ability to write relatively simple script that hook into ReportServer and add features and customizations without creating a branch

As for compiling ReportServer yourself: we have a set of tools that performs all the necessary steps without all the trouble involved in doing it manualy. I will send you an email on how to optain these tool and how to use them.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#5 2013-07-24 13:39:18

quasimotoca

Hi Thorsten:

Thanks, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave

Board footer