#1 2015-12-02 12:22:40

georgeCh

Is it possible to set the order of the sortings ?

Hello all,

I am creating a Dynamic List with multiple columns having "Sort" in more than one column the Sort is excecuted based on the order that the columns appear in "Configure List".

So for example if i need to sort by Year then Month then Name... I  must set my columns in "configure list" to Year|Month|Name so if I want to show the columns Name|Month|Year then my sorting is affected...

How can i set the order of the sortings?

Best Regards,
George

Last edited by georgeCh (2015-12-02 15:50:59)

#2 2015-12-02 18:19:50

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Is it possible to set the order of the sortings ?

Hi George,

controlling the order of sorting isn't directly possible. The usual way to achieve what you want is to introduce hidden columns which you use for sorting.

Hope this helps.

-Arno

#3 2015-12-03 11:56:53

georgeCh

Thank you for your reply, yes that idea should work! Is it something that will be included in future versions?

#4 2015-12-03 13:27:23

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi George,

we do not have this on the immediate agenda. One reason is, that in our experience it seldom happens that the sort order doesn't match the column order and if it does there is the above workaround. A second reason is that we have not yet seen any good and not-complicated user interface for this and our feeling is that such an extra option only complicates the UI with little gain.

Cheers
-Arno

Board footer