#1 2013-05-30 16:36:34

quasimotoca

Change Theme

Hi:

Is there an easy way to change the themes? 

Cheers
Dave

#2 2013-05-31 06:22:07

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Change Theme

Hi Dave,

there is not a straightforward answer to this question.

ReportServer is built with GWT which tries to highly optimize everything from javascript code up-to css resources. Thus,
changing the theme at runtime is somewhat against the GWT philosophy. That being said, ReportServer is a web application
which uses CSS for styling. For someone knowing what s/he  is doing it should be relatively easy to overwrite the necessary
css classes to do simple changes to the design (such as changing colors and the likes). If you have a look at the html code
generated (using, for example, firebug) you will notice that the css classes have short and obfuscated names. This is one
of the optimizations of the GWT compiler, which can, however, be deactivated.

What kind of theme changes do you have in mind? If we better understand, what people might want to change then we could
try to make this as easy as possible in upcoming versions.

Best
Arno

#3 2013-06-12 00:27:11

quasimotoca

Re: Change Theme

Hi Arno:

Thanks, yes that was a bit of a loaded question.  I was just wondering if there were any pre-defined themes.  I don'y know GWT so I'm not sure my words are correct. I did notice an 'Access' theme in the themes folder.  I thought maybe there were some canned themes that could be just turned on with a config setting.  Anyway, no biggy, I really like the current design.

Cheers,
Dave

Board footer