#1 2015-06-24 13:46:39

andy

BIRT report library

Hello,

I'm just getting started with Report Server 2.2. So far it seems really great, but I am struggling to use a Birt report with a library.

I have uploaded the library to the file system:

reportserver$ pwd
/fileserver/resources/lib/birt
reportserver$ ls
data_sources.rptlibrary
reportserver$

I have configured reportengines.cf to use the library path:

<path>/resources/lib/birt</path>

My report uses the library as:

<property name="fileName">data_sources.rptlibrary</property>

When executing the report the library is not used and I see the error message:

Jun 24, 2015 2:29:21 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule loadLibrarySilently
WARNING: Syntax error found, and see error details.
Error.DesignFileException.SYNTAX_ERROR - 1 errors found! 
1.)  org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.FILE_NOT_FOUND, message : The file "data_sources.rptlibrary" is not found.)

at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrary(LayoutModule.java:409)
        at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.LayoutModule.loadLibrarySilently(LayoutModule.java:469)

The only workaround I can find is to change the Birt report to use a URL as below. At this point the library is found and used:

<property name="fileName">rsfs://fileserver/resources/lib/birt/data_sources.rptlibrary</property>

Could anybody to point me to where I'm going wrong? I've tried using <id> instead of <path> and I'm remembering to do a config reload.

Many thanks,

Andy

#2 2015-06-24 15:11:39

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: BIRT report library

Hi Andy,

you are not doing anything wrong: It's a bug. The library url is constructed incorrectly when the library folder path has more than two elements...

You should be fine if you change your library folder from /resources/lib/birt to /resources/birtlib

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2015-06-25 08:08:54

andy

Re: BIRT report library

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your prompt response. I've updated the confirmation so the Birt libraries are stored in /resources/birt instead of /resources/lib/birt.
Now it works perfectly!

Best Regards, Andy

Board footer