#1 2024-09-06 18:32:25

alessfi

Crystal report - Field (column) unknown - JOB

Hi,

I'm evaluating ReportServer right now and we are very interested by it. We are testing some of our standard reports on it and we stumbled upon a really weird issue that we can't seem to figure out.

Our reports, even complex, work perfectly; however, we have a fairly central table, called often, that is called "JOB" in our database; for some reason this seems to create issue, and the field is not recognized:

Error: An error occurred during report execution.
The report could not be executed: FormulaException: Exception dans la formule '{@Record_Selection}' pour '{JOB.JOB_CODE}' : Ce nom de champ est inconnu.
To get help please contact an administrator.

Pardon the french. But it basically states the field is not available (this is oracle btw). We are absolutely sure the field exists, and the report works perfectly in Crystal directly. My intuition is that it clashes with something reportserver does, but I can't figure out what it could be.

Does anyone here maybe have an idea what the issue could be ? We've also tried aliasing the table but with little success. If we change the actual table name, the report works.

Any help on this would be great!

Best,
Alex

#2 2024-09-11 08:06:28

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Crystal report - Field (column) unknown - JOB

Hi Alex,

this sounds really strange but at the same very interesting, could you pls create a minimal Crystal report where this is reproducible for us? So it should contain only the element causing the problem. You can send us the DDLs of your minimal table for us to create your exact table in our Oracle system.

In the meanwhile, can you pls try with:
SELECT "JOB"."JOB_CODE" FROM "JOB"

so using double quotes?

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2024-09-18 10:06:52

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Alex,

thanks for the files, we received them and raised RS-8659 for looking into this.

Regards,
Eduardo

#4 2024-09-18 18:47:25

alessfi

Great, thanks for the update.

Board footer