#1 2024-05-16 08:20:01

sakunthala

reports scheduling using Groovy script and execute using url

Hi,
I have written a groovy script to create schedule for a given report.
Report Id and the scheduled date are the parameters of this script.
When I executed this script from the CLI command it works fine and schedule is created as expected
exec -c scheduller.groovy 23086 'at 17.05.2024 17:30'

But I want to execute this groovy script via url and I was trying below url for this

http://192.91.199.194:81/reportserver/#fileservermgr/scriptAccess?id=71312&args=23086%20'at%2017.05.2024%2017:30'&commit=true

But it does not execute my script (there is norecords in my scheduled list)
can I know if anything wrong in this url?
Thank you

Last edited by sakunthala (2024-05-20 09:17:04)

#2 2024-05-17 07:06:27

Felix

Re: reports scheduling using Groovy script and execute using url

Hi sakunthala!

Wow! Cool idea!

Maybe those apostrophes ' are your problem? Try using %27 instead (this should be equivalent to ')

I'm always using JS (JQuery) functions to build my request. Especially "encodeURIComponent"

$.ajax({
               type: "POST",
               url: url,
               data: { args: encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify({ user: $("#rs_username").val(), pw: $("#rs_password").val()})) },
               success: function (resp) { $("#rs_logout").show() },
               error: function (resp) { },

})

If you just need your hard encoded URL... change type to "GET" and have a look into the "development console" of your browser wink in "network" you can see the used url... since i'm lazy => this is how i get my urls to paste them where i use them "hard coded"

Softwareentwickler bei Infofabrik

#3 2024-05-20 09:27:02

sakunthala

hi Felix,
Thank you for your answer. But still I am having the same problem in this url. When I copy and paste the url in the browser the script (id=71312) does not execute. It loads the reportserver dashboard instead
http://<ip:port>/reportserver/#fileservermgr/scriptAccess?id=71312

I referred to this documentation https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … ts-via-URL

Thank you
Sakunthala

Last edited by sakunthala (2024-05-20 10:24:45)

#4 2024-05-21 06:13:41

Felix

Hi,
"#fileservermgr" is wrong at this point! try http://<ip:port>/<tomcat webapps dir>/reportserver/scriptAccess?id=71312

where tomcat webapps dir is the directory where your ReportServer is installed => if i'm lazy I install it under root, the moste people (as well as our documentation) prefere "webapps/reportserver/"

Softwareentwickler bei Infofabrik

#5 2024-05-21 09:12:41

sakunthala

hi Felix,
Yes now it seems script is executing. Thank you for your answer.
Sakunthala

#6 2024-05-21 10:59:11

sakunthala

hi Felix,

Now I can execute the script using the url. But still It doesn't create a schedule for me. When I check the log I can see the below error. This error occurs when I execute the script using commands as well. Do you have any solution for this? This is my groovy script

import net.datenwerke.security.service.usermanager.UserManagerService
import net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.ReportService
import net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.service.scheduler.jobs.report.ReportExecuteJob
import net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.reportmanager.ReportExecutorService
import net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.datasinkmanager.DatasinkTreeService
import net.datenwerke.rs.ftp.service.ftp.definitions.SftpDatasink
import net.datenwerke.rs.ftp.service.ftp.action.ScheduleAsSftpFileAction
import net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.nlp.NlpTriggerService
import net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.SchedulerService

REPORT_ID = 23086
  DATE_EXPRESSION = 'at 25.05.2024 17:30'
  JOB_NAME = 'Test Job'
  JOB_DESCRIPTION = 'A Test Job Description'
  OUTPUT_FORMAT = ReportExecutorService.OUTPUT_FORMAT_PDF
  OWNER_ID = 6L                       // the ID of the Owner
  EXECUTOR_ID = 6L                    // the ID of the Executor
  RECIPIENT_IDS = [6L]            // the IDs of the Recipients

// SFTP settings
  SFTP_DATASINK = 'Demo SFTP Datasink'
  FOLDER = 'Archive'
  SFTP_FILENAME='My Report'

def triggerService = GLOBALS.getInstance(NlpTriggerService)
    def schedulerService = GLOBALS.getInstance(SchedulerService)
    def reportService = GLOBALS.getInstance(ReportService)
    def userManagerService = GLOBALS.getRsService(UserManagerService)
    def datasinkTreeService = GLOBALS.getInstance(DatasinkTreeService)

//def reportId = args[0].toInteger()
    def report = reportService.getReportById(REPORT_ID)  // get Report by ID

def owner = userManagerService.getNodeById(OWNER_ID)
    def executor = userManagerService.getNodeById(EXECUTOR_ID)
    def recipients = userManagerService.getUsers(RECIPIENT_IDS)

/* create the Report Job and add the corresponding owner, executor and recipients */
    def job = new ReportExecuteJob(report: report, owners: [owner] ,executor: executor, recipients: recipients as List, outputFormat: OUTPUT_FORMAT)

def sftpDatasink = datasinkTreeService.getDatasinkByName(SFTP_DATASINK)

def action = new ScheduleAsSftpFileAction( name: SFTP_FILENAME,folder: FOLDER)

/* add the description, version, actions etc. */
    job.title = JOB_NAME
    job.description = JOB_DESCRIPTION
    job.actions = [action]

/* parse the date with nlp */
    def trigger = triggerService.parseExpression DATE_EXPRESSION

/* schedule the job via the schedulerService */
    schedulerService.schedule job, trigger

-------------------------Error Log ------------------------------------------------------------------

21-May-2024 16:19:08.267 WARNING [scriptExec-30] net.datenwerke.rs.incubator.service.schedulernotification.SchedulerNotificationHooker.jobScheduled scheduler notification error
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "net.datenwerke.security.service.usermanager.UserManagerService.getUsers(java.util.Collection, boolean)" because "this.userService" is null
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.service.scheduler.jobs.report.ReportExecuteJob.getRecipients(ReportExecuteJob.java:103)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.incubator.service.schedulernotification.SchedulerNotificationHooker.jobScheduled(SchedulerNotificationHooker.java:191)
        at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.SchedulerServiceImpl.lambda$1(SchedulerServiceImpl.java:260)
        at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)
        at net.datenwerke.scheduler.service.scheduler.SchedulerServiceImpl.schedule(SchedulerServiceImpl.java:260)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v8.IndyInterface.fromCache(IndyInterface.java:321)
        at myscripts.Script48.run(Script48.groovy:53)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyScriptEngineImpl.eval(GroovyScriptEngineImpl.java:331)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.jsr223.GroovyCompiledScript.eval(GroovyCompiledScript.java:72)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.engines.GroovyEngine.eval(GroovyEngine.java:78)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl.executeScript(ScriptingServiceImpl.java:231)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl.executeScript(ScriptingServiceImpl.java:282)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$1145253108.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE(<generated>)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:74)
        at net.datenwerke.rsenterprise.license.service.EnterpriseCheckInterceptor.invoke(EnterpriseCheckInterceptor.java:40)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.invoke(InterceptorStackCallback.java:55)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$1145253108.executeScript(<generated>)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl.executeScript(ScriptingServiceImpl.java:335)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$1145253108.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE(<generated>)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:74)
        at net.datenwerke.rsenterprise.license.service.EnterpriseCheckInterceptor.invoke(EnterpriseCheckInterceptor.java:40)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback$InterceptedMethodInvocation.proceed(InterceptorStackCallback.java:75)
        at com.google.inject.internal.InterceptorStackCallback.invoke(InterceptorStackCallback.java:55)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl$$EnhancerByGuice$$1145253108.executeScript(<generated>)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.ScriptingServiceImpl.executeScript(ScriptingServiceImpl.java:307)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand.doTransactionExecute(ExecScriptCommand.java:363)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand$$EnhancerByGuice$$881504958.GUICE$TRAMPOLINE(<generated>)
        at com.google.inject.persist.jpa.JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.invoke(JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.java:64)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand$$EnhancerByGuice$$881504958.doTransactionExecute(<generated>)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand$1$1.doFilter(ExecScriptCommand.java:289)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:89)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:121)
        at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:133)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand$1.call(ExecScriptCommand.java:284)
        at net.datenwerke.rs.scripting.service.scripting.terminal.commands.ExecScriptCommand$1.call(ExecScriptCommand.java:1)
        at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

#7 2024-05-22 04:02:16

sakunthala

hi Felix,
I resolved that issue after added scheduler permission to my user. Thank you for your support.

Sakunthala

Board footer