#1 2024-03-06 23:02:06

jeffrozica

Reportserver License question running reportserver in docker container

I am from Comerica Bank and we have reportserver installed on servers currently, but we are migrating to using your reportserver docker image running in AWS ECS (Elastic Container System) serverless.   We have it running right now in a docker container up and running in our test system.   Currently when get a license from you and we have to provide an IP address and then you give a license file that works on that server, but with AWS ECS serverless (fargate) running docker, the IP addresses change all of the time and are dynamic.  How do we get an updated reportserver enterprise license that works running in a docker container in AWS ECS serverless?  We would need ones for a 2 devs, 1 qa and 1 prod.....

#2 2024-03-07 11:52:04

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Reportserver License question running reportserver in docker container

Hi jeffrozica,

jeffrozica wrote:

Currently when get a license from you and we have to provide an IP address

no, you don't have to provide an IP address. What you provide is your Server ID, so if this does not change, and it shouldn't, you should continue being able to request licenses as before.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2024-03-08 15:19:47

jeffrozica

Re: Reportserver License question running reportserver in docker container

Eduardo, I just proved this out. You are right, this is based on Server id and since the server id did not change, this works with no issues. Thanks for getting back to me.  You can ignore my emails regarding the support ticket that Gunesh created and can close that out.

Last edited by jeffrozica (2024-03-08 15:25:07)

Board footer