#1 2023-12-05 16:35:12

jaime

Optimizing Dynamic List generation

When I open a Dynamic List for execution it takes around 11 seconds for the popup to appear.
When I run the report it takes the same amount of time to get the results.

At the bottom of the screen I see the following:

Runtime of statement: 0.001s (11.648s)

I assume this means the query takes 0.001s (since it does take very little when I run it directly on the database server).
And that the time between parenthesis is the total time to build the report.

Why is it taking this long and how can I optimize this?

Thank you very much.

select * from recepciones
where
guia_facturada=FALSE AND
registro_activo=TRUE and
fecha_recepcion BETWEEN TO_TIMESTAMP(concat('$P!{p_desde}', ' 00:00:00'),'yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS') AND TO_TIMESTAMP(concat('$P!{p_hasta}', ' 23:59:59'),'yyyy-mm-dd HH24:MI:SS')

Last edited by jaime (2023-12-05 16:36:02)

#2 Today 09:49:20

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Optimizing Dynamic List generation

Hi jaime,

pls note that the next RS version will have dynamic list performance optimizations which will probably help you with this.

Significant enhancements were made to the performance of the dynamic list feature. This involved reducing the number of database queries sent, as many of them were unnecessary and could be refactored to improve overall performance.

Further, a "export:veto_large_report" report property was added. By default, when exporting a report to formats like Excel, ReportServer verifies whether the result set size exceeds certain limits. If it does, the export process is halted. However, if this property is configured with a value other than "auto", this verification step is bypassed. It's important to note that this approach could potentially cause the system to crash if the report size is exceptionally large.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer