#1 2023-07-06 01:36:51

iamcarolek

Hilfe!! Suddenly No Results - zero records returned

I am sure this is because I am showing our Board of Directors Report Server in my morning (PST - 9 hours ahead) but suddenly some reports have stopped working. Some do work - so I know the database connection is good.  The queries did not change, and I can run the queries successfully directly on the database, so I know the queries are good.  The time to get back 0 records is about how long the queries took to run.  I have cleared my Chrome browser cache, but that also didn't fix the issue.  I checked the log file and the query is good. What could it be??

Please help me be successful in my demo.  I have been on this job for only 2 months and I need this demo to work....Thank you for your help.

#2 2023-07-06 08:55:29

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Hilfe!! Suddenly No Results - zero records returned

Hi iamcarolek,

something must have changed in your environment, maybe the configuration, maybe the parameters (you posted some questions on text parameters, etc), so I would recommend to do the following:
1. identify a dynamic list which is not working
2. copy the query and create a new, empty clean dynamic list with this query and no parameters
3. check that it works
4. one by one, add the parameters, and check if they work as expected
5. add all other elements as well (one by one!) . filters, pre-filters, etc

by this step by step procedure, you should be able to identify what went wrong.

If you want to make sure it is not a cache, you have to delete temporary internet files as well. The best would be to take another browser (e.g. a testing firefox browser) and completely delete everything.

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2023-07-13 17:26:12

iamcarolek

Hi, Thank you for the steps.  I regret answering late, but the issue turned out to be the insert I did into the aggregated data table didn't commit (I am not used to Oracle where an insert into appears to need an explicit commit). For some reason, the queries on RS couldn't see the data, but SQL Developer queries could, but not the next day - So ahha!  Once I explicitly committed the data after load, everything was fine.  The meeting I had demo'ing the tool to our Board of Directors went well, and today I got approval to buy an enterprise license from you. No need to wait until next year.  Thank you for helping me be successful and for all your work with Report Server.

#4 2023-07-13 17:41:18

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi iamcarolek,

we are very happy that your demo meeting went well !

Thanks for letting us know about the solution of the problem.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer