#1 2023-05-31 06:38:41

adik.widiasmono

503 Bad Gateway When 6 Concurrent Users Access Report Server

Dear Report Server Team,
I have installed Report Server Enterprise Docker version 4.4.0 on Docker version . We are using basic installation without any customization in config file. We get error 503 Bad Gateway (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DDMrkh … sp=sharing) when 6 of our team members login at the same time to Report Server website. To solve this issue we need to restart Report Server. But when we try again (6 users login at the same time), we get 503 Bad Gateway issue again.

Could you suggest what should we do?

#2 2023-05-31 09:11:19

Felix

Re: 503 Bad Gateway When 6 Concurrent Users Access Report Server

Hi!

I'm trying to reproduce this behaviour today.
Do you see any ERROR messages in the logging?

You can access the live log of your container using "docker logs <containername>"

or via shell "docker exec -it <containername> bash" and navigate to the "logs" directory.

best regards,

Felix

Softwareentwickler bei Infofabrik

#3 2023-05-31 13:16:10

Felix

Hi!

Unfortunately we were unable to reproduce this behaviour...

We tested with 10+ logins at the same time with different Users from all around germany: no error, "503 Service Unavailable" or "502 Bad Gateway".

Therefore I need some more Informations to be able to help you!
Do you use the "infofabrik/reportserverenterprise:4.4.0" Dockerimage or "bitnami/reportserver" / "bitnami/reportserverenterprise" ?
Do you have some sort of Apache Webserver in front of your Container to use HTTPS what may cause an 502 ?

best regards!

Felix

#4 2023-05-31 13:42:13

Felix

Ah... and i forgot to ask if you may provide a screenshot of your "General Info" of your reportserver? you can host images easily using http://imgbb.com/ and then use the [ img ] tag here. But please remove any critical or personal information before uploading and posting wink

best regards!

Felix

#5 2023-06-05 05:16:54

khoirun_hafidz

Dear Report Server Team,
I am a team with Mr. Adik Widiasmono, regarding the 503 Bad Gateway When 6 Concurrent Users Access Report Server problem, I would to answer a few questions from Mr. Felix:
1. Are you using the Dockerimage "infofabrik/reportserverenterprise:4.4.0" or "bitnami/reportserver" / "bitnami/reportserverenterprise" ? here we use infofabrik/reportserverenterprise:latest
2. Do you have some sort of Apache Webserver in front of your Container to use HTTPS which can cause 502? No, I'm using the nginx docker service
3. Do you see ERROR messages in logging? No i don't see error in logging docker service

#6 2023-06-05 05:43:22

Felix

Hi!

That's what I tried to find out wink Apache or Nginx are widely used but can easily be misconfigured! Have you tried it directly (without any loadbalancer/webserver/proxy) ?

If this is working, your next step should be to check your nginx configuration.... and don't forget to keep us up to date wink there is one other person in this forum that faces the exact same problem!

Do you have a docker-compose file including nginx? Your setup sounds very interesting and I definately will give it a try !

kind Regards

Felix

#7 2023-06-12 04:42:32

adik.widiasmono

Dear Report Server Support Team,

We have encountered the same issue but have difficulty to gather the logs and all data in our installed Report Server is gone (reset to default after installation) after we restart Report Server. Could we set google meet meeting to discuss about this directly?

#8 2023-06-12 07:03:00

adik.widiasmono

Hi Report Server Support Team,
Please find our installation setup in this link as your references https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ywes2n … sp=sharing

#9 2023-06-12 07:24:48

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi adik.widiasmono,

pls try as Felix suggested:

1. without Nginx. If the problem is gone, this shows that the problem has to do with Nginx.
2. check your logs in this directory (/../tomcat/logs) and also try this: "docker logs <containername>"
3. provide a screenshot of your "General Info" of your reportserver (administration -> system console -> general info)
4. start your container without --rm and you can stop and restart it while keeping your data. How exactly do you restart your container when loosing the state?

Regards,
Eduardo

#10 2023-06-12 08:02:24

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi adik.widiasmono,

pls also note that for PROD environments we recommend a manual installation, which can be configured easily for HTTPS etc as any standard tomcat configuration.
Here the manual for the manual installation: https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/i … -practice/

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer