#1 2016-04-11 23:35:53

bodnarlajos

base_datasource 404

Hello Folks!

I've just installed Tomcat and JDBC, and ReportServer on Ubuntu.

When I try to access ReportServer, I got the error pasted below message in a window:

I think, the main message is this: "HTTP Status 404 - /ReportServer/reportserver/base_datasource"

There is no such file in the zip. Is it a dynamically created file? What I do wrong?

Im not sure if my MySQL settings are good. Can anyone help me please?

# Credentials
hibernate.connection.username=user
hibernate.connection.password=xxx

# MySQL
hibernate.dialect=net.datenwerke.rs.utils.hibernate.MySQL5Dialect
hibernate.connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/reportserver

The full error message:

404 Not Found <html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.26 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body>
HTTP Status 404 - /ReportServer/reportserver/base_datasource
<HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p>type Status report</p><p>message <u>/ReportServer/reportserver/base_datasource</u></p><p>description <u>The requested resource (/ReportServer/reportserver/base_datasource) is not available.</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade">
Apache Tomcat/7.0.26
</body></html>

Thank you very much,
Lajos

#2 2016-04-12 08:18:36

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: base_datasource 404

Hi Lajos,

could you have a look at the log files. This sounds like something went wrong during the startup of ReportServer. In particular check the catalina.out logfile and if you followed the best practice installation guide the reportserver.DATE.log.

Cheers,
Arno

#3 2016-04-12 11:58:18

bodnarlajos

Dear Arno!

Thank you for your fast replay, I don't know how I didn't find that guide.

I just configured many settings I had to according to this guide, and now I see in the log I reached the end of my server... it's an old one with 512MB mem, and it seems java needs more: in the log I found Java heap space problem, even if I increase the -xmx to higher.

Thank you for your help, I'll find an other machine to put that ReportServer on.

#4 2016-04-12 12:16:39

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

yes you should provide at least 1.5GB of RAM to ReportServer. Also, if you are running on Java 7 make sure to increase the permgenspace (-XX:MaxPermSize=512m).

Cheers,
Arno

Board footer