#1 2016-02-12 13:13:44

Glandike

Deleting default value does not perform recomputing

Hi!
I have small issue : i want delete default value in single selection database parameter, and get null result from that parameter. But, when i don't set the default value, ReportServer choose the first entity in resultset by the default. When i set the default value and delete it after(from popup for example) , ReportServer still considers what default value chousen! Only if i set the different entity(not default) and then delete this entity, the parameter become empty. Is that the normal behaviour for the parameters, or is it a small bug?

#2 2016-02-15 07:26:43

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Deleting default value does not perform recomputing

Hi,

the default value of a single selection drop down parameter is defined as "the first entry" or "the entry you specified". There is no setting to say: NULL. If you need an entry saying "null" then you would need to add an entry for this to the dropdown list.

Cheers,
Arno

#3 2016-02-15 08:52:08

Glandike

Thanks a lot, but i'm a bit confused now, because in single selection popup i can remove entry and obtain the null result parameter. But only when i choose something instead default and then remove it. Try please, this really works.

#4 2016-02-15 08:56:34

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

I am afraid this is the same bug as http://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?id=494. The popup does not directly cascade its default value and thus you need to currently select and remove to get the recomputation.

Cheers,
Arno

Board footer