#1 2016-01-23 09:37:41

jar

How to use databasebundles...

Hello,

I would like to use databasebundles (at leasat I think I do :-) ). But I do not understand how to use them ...

I assume that when I login using the "Prod" datasource in the options in the login screen all reports use the production DB and when I log in with "Test" the reports go to the test DB.

But how to configure the different servernames, users and passwords for the different DB's? I guess I have to create two datasources : DB-prod and DB-test. But how to link those with the chosen environment in the login screen? I found the databasebundles.cf but what is this bundletype?

I guess the datasources need to have the same name (to prevent having to change the datasource for a report?) and should be located in different folders in the filetree?

Maybe it is explained in the Admin guide but maybe a small pointer is possible ...?

Kind regards,
Jeroen

#2 2016-01-23 14:20:11

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: How to use databasebundles...

Hi,

when you've found the config file, you are almost done. There you define the keys (e.g., Test, Prod, whatever). This is what the user can select at login. Now you need to actually create the mapping. For this you create a databasebundle in the datasource manager. This takes as options a key provider, a mapping provider and some datasources. Choose lbllogin as key provider (datasource is selected at login), choose static as mapping provider. Then add the datasource mapping. That is, if you have the keys Test and Prod add to rows

Test --- The datasource to use
Prod --- The datasource to use

(note that the selection is a bit buggy and the datasource selection only works on the second selection).

Then simply use the datasource as you would use any other datasource (i.e., use it on your report).

I hope this gets you started.

Cheers
-Arno

#3 2016-01-27 15:47:44

jar

Thanks, works like a charm ...

I overlooked the possiblity to add a "database bundle" datasource.
So that was the missing link for me.

Jeroen

#4 2016-01-27 18:13:21

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Glad I could help.

If you like ReportServer, please consider sharing your experience and write a review.

Board footer