#1 2016-01-22 21:12:23

tleveque23

Problem formatting scheduled email

Hi,

I am trying to setup ReportServer for the first time as a replacement for an old application...

Well it is almost working as expected for us. The only problems remaining is the formatting of the email when we send reports with the scheduler.
Everything is on a single line in the body:

A scheduled report was executed. Report: FirstReport  Message: The Report 2

I tried updating the file scheduler.cf. I added some /n, /r/n and some <br/> (after setting the property html=true). But nothing is working. Yes I did the "config reload" command in the terminal.
If I add some text, I can see it, but everything is still on a sigle line!

Any clue??

Thanks

#2 2016-01-23 13:55:48

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Problem formatting scheduled email

Hi,

is this the case for all the messages by the scheduler? That is, are also the notifications on a single line?

When you tried the HTML emails, what happened to the tags (i.e. <br/>)? Are they in the final message as text, or were they simply ignored? How did you write the tags? Did you try adding a <![CDATA[ ... ]]> section to protect the html tags or did you XML-escape them (i.e., &lt;br/&gt;)?

If all does not work, could you post the scheduler.cf config file?

Cheers
-Arno

#3 2016-01-25 14:29:29

tleveque23

Thanks!!

Putting the body inside a <![CDATA[ ]]> is fixing the problem!!!

But now I have another question: Where do the message comme from. They look like some sort of ressources.
I mean, when I see in the scheduler.cf file, a line like
"${msgs['net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.client.scheduler.locale.SchedulerMessages']['mailactionMsgText']}"

Where are this "mailactionMsgText"?? Is it in the database? In a property file?

Thanks

#4 2016-01-25 14:32:39

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi,

have a look at https://reportserver.net/blog/2015/01/2 … age-files/. If you enhance any of the translations, it would be great if you would send us the updated files.

Best regards
Arno

Board footer