#1 2015-07-09 13:37:05

awilcox

Report Parameters / Right-click context menu

I've got a couple questions about the context menu that appears when you right-click on a parameter's form field in the Parameter Selection area.

1. For a text parameter, the menu item is "Set Default Values", and it re-sets the value to whatever the default was (if there was one). For a Date parameter, the menu item is "Remove" - it displays this whether there is a default value, a user-entered value, or no value at all. If I use it to remove a default value, there is no way to bring back the default value. I'm just wondering why Text parameters don't have an option to Remove the value and why Date parameters don't have an option to reset to the default?

On top of this, it seems like once I use the Remove button once, if I then manually enter a date value and try to use Remove again, it doesn't remove the value. This is in contrast to the "Set Default Values" option for the Text parameter - I can use this one multiple times and it always works. This behaviour seems a little strange.

2. If I want to paste a value into a parameter field, I can only do it via the keyboard shortcuts (ie Ctrl-V). Would it be possible to have an option on the context menu for this, or was it intentionally not there?

Thanks,
Alana

#2 2015-07-09 19:47:37

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: Report Parameters / Right-click context menu

Hi Alana,

1. This certainly seems strange. I'll open a ticket and we will look into this.

2. If we want our own context menus we have to disable the browser context menue and in doing so we lose the "paste" option. I'll see if we can just add our own paste function, but javascript access to the clipboard might not always work reliably - so no promises.

Cheers,
Thorsten

(RS-1906/RS-1907)

#3 2015-07-10 16:48:47

awilcox

Hi Thorsten,

Great, thanks for investigating both those issues for us!

Alana

#4 2015-08-05 20:00:07

awilcox

Hi Thorsten,

Just wondering if there is an update on either of these tickets?

Thanks,
Alana

Board footer