#1 2024-06-27 11:50:25

beccon4

Change User Entries without working SMTP

We're evaluating ReportServer for use in our project. I've set up a test installation on an Ubuntu server and Tomcat9 according to  the installation guidelines. It works so far.

But I'm not able to create a new user or only to change the root password.

There is no explanation in the installation guide or the rest of the documentation.

I'm not able to save a user entry in the Administation -> Users And Groups Section. When I try  to save, I get an

logs/reportserver.2024-06-27.log:27-Jun-2024 12:55:22.212 FINE [http-nio-8080-exec-3] com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer trying to connect to host "mail.host.net", port 25, isSSL false
logs/reportserver.2024-06-27.log:       Caused by: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: mail.host.net, 25; timeout -1;
logs/reportserver.2024-06-27.log:       java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.host.net
logs/reportserver.2024-06-27.log:       Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.host.net

error.

Obviously the SMTP is not configured. I cannot find where this is to be done. I cannot the find mail.host.net parameter value anywhere in the configuration, leave alone a mail configuration.

The next attempt was  to create a data sink. I'm not sure this works at all  since I come from a corporate network with firewalls and proxies. Verifying my configuration results in:

ProvisionException: Unable to provision, see the following errors: 1) [Guice/NullInjectedIntoNonNullable]: null returned by binding at SimpleCryptoMailFactory.create() but the 3rd parameter of SimpleCryptoMail.<init>(SimpleCryptoMail.java:68) is not @Nullable at SimpleCryptoMailFactory.create(SimpleCryptoMailFactory.java:1) at SimpleCryptoMail.<init>(SimpleCryptoMail.java:68) \_ for 3rd parameter while locating SimpleCryptoMail annotated with @UniqueAnnotations$Internal(1) Learn more: https://github.com/google/guice/wiki/NU … N_NULLABLE 1 error ====================== Full classname legend: ====================== SimpleCryptoMail: "net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.SimpleCryptoMail" SimpleCryptoMailFactory: "net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.SimpleCryptoMailFactory" UniqueAnnotations$Internal: "com.google.inject.internal.UniqueAnnotations$Internal" ======================== End of classname legend: ========================

My questions:
- Is there a way to disable the mail confirmation in the first place? I've learned from this forum that this feature has been enabled with some new version in the past (and I remember having set up an test installation without SMTP)

- If not so - how do I configure mail in ReportServer that I can save changes to the user entries.

Thank you for help.

#2 2024-07-01 08:39:53

adrian1703

Re: Change User Entries without working SMTP

Hello,

In order to use SMTP you will need to create an Email-Datasink (Administration -> Datasinks -> New -> Email Datasink). This configues information about the host, port etc.
The 2nd step is to declare this created datasink as your default email-datasink. To do this you will need to edit the datasinks.cf (Administration -> File Server -> root -> etc -> datasinks). Declare the key of the datasink you created and set the "disabled" tag to false.

Alternativly you can disable the password-changed/password-created notifications by editing notifications.cf (Administration -> File Server -> root -> etc -> security).
<changedpassword disabled="false"> -> <changedpassword disabled="true">
and
<createdpassword disabled="false"> -> <createdpassword disabled="true">

This should also solve your error.

Kind regards,
Adrian

#3 2024-07-03 09:43:28

beccon4

Re: Change User Entries without working SMTP

Thank you - it works fine. Would it be possible to write this in the documentation as it is quite common to set up a test/evaluation environment.

Board footer