#1 2024-03-05 10:49:17

mali29

Help Needed: Custom Role for Restricted Access to Admin Interface Tabs

Hello ReportServer community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm currently working on a project using ReportServer and I'm in need of some guidance regarding user roles and permissions.

My goal is to create a custom role that allows specific users to access the admin interface, but with restricted access to only certain tabs that have been predetermined. Essentially, I want these users to have a tailored admin experience, accessing only the tabs that are relevant to their tasks.

Has anyone successfully implemented such a custom role in ReportServer? If so, could you please share your insights or point me in the right direction on how to achieve this?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

#2 2024-03-05 13:39:21

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Help Needed: Custom Role for Restricted Access to Admin Interface Tabs

Hello mali29,

access to specific tabs within the admin area is restricted by generic permissions. For instance, the "Users" Administration tab is controlled by the generic right named "User management".

Therefore, if you only possess the Administration permission, your administration area will be empty. However, by adding the "user management" permission, you will gain access to the "user" tab within the administration area, and so forth.

For further information, please refer to the following link: https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … anagement/

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer