#1 2015-06-09 11:42:08

ralex

Where and How to set up email address recipients?

Hi,

I set up the scheduler file and activate it.
I tried to set up a job scheduling and it works, but what I don't understand is : How (and Where I set it up eventually) do I send a scheduled birt report job to any recipients (email address) that is not a reportserver user?

Infact , from what I have seen so far is, when I click on schedule button the first window only allows me to choose a list of possible recipients who are only reportserver users and not from external users.

It's clear that I can't define a user reportserver any time I just need to send a scheduled report by email.

So, where and how do I set up the email address recipients for external users?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Alex

#2 2015-06-09 12:18:51

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Where and How to set up email address recipients?

Hi Alex,

this is currently not supported (as always this could be done with scripting, but this would probably end up in a bad hack). The reason why we only implemented sending emails to ReportServer
users is to allow for a certain traceability of what information leaves the system and where it goes. As you can easily add users with no rights to access the platform but which can act as a recipient (aka. external user) this was so far sufficient for all use cases we encountered. Isn't that also (in some sense) the same as somewhere allowing to specify a list of external email addresses?

Cheers
-Arno

#3 2015-06-09 14:41:17

ralex

Thanks for your quick replay,
I already had defined a user with no rights to access the platform whose unique role is to run reports URL.
If I didn't get wrong a solution , you're suggesting, is :
for each external email address I have to define one reportserver user, that's to say the relantionship email address/reportserver user is 1 :1. Doing so, considered a long list of possible email receivers , Do I need to define a number of users equals to the number of emails which I need to send to ?
Or can I define just one user whom I associated more than one email address to?

Last question is about scripting : If I buy the scripting guide, does it come with a complete example for this case that I need to accomplish?

Thanks again,

Alex

#4 2015-06-11 15:29:45

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Alex,

yes the basic way is to define one user per email address. As for the scripting guide, it is meant to give an introduction to what is possible using ReportServer scripts (e.g., you could also really hack into the scheduling process but I am not sure I'd recommend that). A complete solution for your use case won't be part of the script guide, I am afraid. We do, however, also offer custom support (http://reportserver.net/en/services/).

Cheers
-Arno

Board footer