#1 2023-11-17 19:38:05

jeffrozica

docker reportserverentrprise latest version 6100

When I go to the dockerhub page for infofabrik/reportserverenterprise to get the latest reportsesrver enterprise docker image, the latest version available is 4.6.1-6092, when will ....6094 thru 6100 be available as infofabrik/reportserverenterprise docker images in docker hub. Please help as we would like to get the latest version in a docker image.

Last edited by jeffrozica (2023-11-17 19:52:24)

#2 2023-11-20 07:47:33

Felix

Re: docker reportserverentrprise latest version 6100

My appologies... something broke my pipeline-script sad without Error (build the images but did not publish them)

The missing images should be available today... i assume 1-2 hours from now on until everything is uploaded!

Softwareentwickler bei Infofabrik

#3 2023-11-20 12:24:46

Felix

6100 is now available on dockerhub wink

#4 2023-11-20 12:54:40

jeffrozica

Thank you so much.  For the future, how soon after they new releases come out do you post the new docker images on dockerhub?  I only ask because we are migrating to the infofabrik docker image so we can use containers as currently we are not.  And its important for us to keep these up to date so we keep the security updates up to date.  Thanks again.

#5 2023-11-21 12:14:29

Felix

Usually it is planned that new versions are released alltogether... sources, installer (.exe) and docker-images.
MAYBE with a slight delay ... of up to 2 workdays.

The missing docker-images were not planned wink As mentioned there was a bug in my deployment script... now fixed as well as more awareness to observe if my image is REALLY uploaded... sorry for that and big thanks for your post!

"worked in the past" is sadly no excuse...

Refining our dockerimages is also still a task deep in my backlog... i'm planning add some more configuration options.
I'd love to hear your feedback, ideas and wishes!

#6 2023-11-21 15:00:43

jeffrozica

I would be glad to have a conference call with you and explain these better.  Let me know.

Thanks for the information.  We are hoping to migrate to use this reportserver enterprise docker image in an AWS ECS container.  Since AWS ECS containers now support up to 16 CPUs and 128gb of memory. In the past was not possible as the limit ws 4 CPUs and 32gb of memory. We do have the docker image up and running in our test environment and currently migrating the existing data over from our current reportserver which is running on AWS EC2 servers, but its the linux installed exe version. Our current reportserver has been running for over 6 years.....

Anyway, some things we have found so far regarding configuration options in the .j2 templates and we need to be able to passed via environment variables in the docker-compose or in the ECS container in AWS (same thing basically).
-- Add an DB SSL parameter (i.e. REPORTSERVER_DATABASE_USESSL="?useSSL=true") to add "?useSSL=true" at the mysql connection string in persistence.properties.j2 and buildTemplate.yml
-- Add Database name parameter initDb.sh as ours was a different name (i.e. bitnami_reportserver) than reportserver and it was hard coded in your script.
-- Add a parameter (i.e. REPORTSERVER_DISABLE_SCRIPTS=true) to disable startup scripts to pass via the docker-compose so we don't have to modify the reportserver.properties file

YOUR PAM LDAP BUILD IN FUNCTION DOESN"T WORK FOR US
Another issue we had is that we still have to use the hookldappam.groovy script as your built in LDAP PAM doesn't work with ours because the query gets over 1000 rows back and we get query limit exceded.  We have way more than 1,000.  In the hookldappam.groovy script we have customized code that gets around that.  We basically used the same code for this as we used before.

Could not figure out how to attach files to this so including changes here. I can send to you via email or drop box, etc.., if you give me a way.
We had to modify these files in the docker image to run properly for us. We created a docker image wrapper around your docker image, we then also created a startRS_comerica.sh shell script to do special things that calls startRS.sh

buildTemplate.yml CHANGE
  vars:
    RS_TYPE: "{{lookupp(('ansible.builtin.env','RS_TYPE', default='STANDALONE'))}}"
    HIBERNATE:
      CONNECTION:
         --- Added
          USE_SSL: "{{ lookup('ansible.builtin.env','REPORTSERVER_DATABASE_USESSL', default='') }}"

persistence.properties.j2 CHANGE
< hibernate.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://{{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.SERVER}}:3306/{{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.DATABASE_NAME}}{{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.USE_SSL}}

initDB.sh.j2 CHANGE
NOTE: Added {{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.DATABASE_NAME}} was hard coded
MYSQL_PWD={{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.PASSWORD}} su mysql -c "mysql -u {{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.USERNAME}}  -h {{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.SERVER}} {{HIBERNATE.CONNECTION.DATABASE_NAME}} < reportserver-RS{{major}}.{{minor}}.{{patch}}-{{build}}-schema-MySQL5_CREATE.sql" &&

Last edited by jeffrozica (2023-11-21 15:04:08)

Board footer