#1 2015-05-06 16:03:40

ralex

Possible bug for inserting crystal report

Hi,

I noticed that any time I have been trying to insert/create a new crystal report I get the following error message :

Unrecognized Dto: net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.client.crystal.dto.decorator.CrystalReportDtoDec

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized Dto: net.datenwerke.rs.crystal.client.crystal.dto.decorator.CrystalReportDtoDec
<br>	at net.datenwerke.gf.service.dtoservice.DtoServiceImpl.instantiatePoso(DtoServiceImpl.java:486)
<br>	at net.datenwerke.security.server.TreeDBManagerTreeHandler.insertNode(TreeDBManagerTreeHandler.java:400)
<br>	at com.google.inject.persist.jpa.JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.invoke(JpaLocalTxnInterceptor.java:66)
<br>	at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.aop.SecurityCheckInterceptor.invoke(SecurityCheckInterceptor.java:110)
<br>	at net.datenwerke.gf.service.gwtstacktrace.CatchStacktraceInterceptor.invoke(CatchStacktraceInterceptor.java:38)
<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
<br>	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
<br>	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
<br>	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
<br>	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:561)
<br>	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
<br>	at net.datenwerke.security.service.security.aop.SecurityCheckInterceptor.invoke(SecurityCheckInterceptor.java:110)
<br>	at net.datenwerke.gf.service.gwtstacktrace.CatchStacktraceInterceptor.invoke(CatchStacktraceInterceptor.java:38)
<br>	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
<br>	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
<br>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:650)
<br>	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.doService(ServletDefinition.java:263)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.ServletDefinition.service(ServletDefinition.java:178)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedServletPipeline.service(ManagedServletPipeline.java:91)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:62)
<br>	at com.google.inject.persist.PersistFilter.doFilter(PersistFilter.java:89)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterDefinition.doFilter(FilterDefinition.java:163)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.FilterChainInvocation.doFilter(FilterChainInvocation.java:58)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.ManagedFilterPipeline.dispatch(ManagedFilterPipeline.java:118)
<br>	at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceFilter.doFilter(GuiceFilter.java:113)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:505)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
<br>	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:423)
<br>	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1079)
<br>	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:620)
<br>	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:318)
<br>	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
<br>	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
<br>	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
<br>	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
<br>

At this stage it is not possible to insert any crystal report on reportserver.
I tried to investigate on my own, importing the source code on eclipse, and I noticed some errors during the building phase due to missing crystalreports jar.
So  I googled about it and I found out that these jar are owned by SAP and to get it you need to install Business Objects client so that you get these jars and importing in the project.
Why are not these jars free to download and are also missing the lib folder of the reportserver project ?

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited by ralex (2015-05-06 16:04:38)

#2 2015-05-06 16:15:36

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: Possible bug for inserting crystal report

Hi Alex,

Crystal Reports is a commercial product by SAP, that requires a valid license.
Please take a look at this blog post about what libraries are required and how to obtain them: http://blog.datenwerke.net/2013/08/sap- … erver.html

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2015-05-06 16:47:42

ralex

Re: Possible bug for inserting crystal report

Hi,
thanks for your fast reply.
I would like also to ask you how to correctly import the entire project into eclipse?

Because, in addition to the source code, you can also download a zip file named
RS2.2.2-5639-ext-reportserver.zip which contains the builder xml files.

Board footer