#1 2021-07-21 18:55:04

tw102609

umNode.setWriteProtection in LDAP import script

We utilize the LDAP import script to import users. A user requested to have a default teamspace set and trying to save it resulted in an error: Object is write protected. I saw in another post mentioning to set the umNode.setWriteProtection value to false in the ldap import script to set the default teamspace. I'm wondering what if any other implications there are of setting umNode.setWriteProtection = false

(Eg what all other consequences there is to setting this = false as the ldap script documentation mentioned avoiding making changes within)

Thanks!

#2 2021-07-26 11:10:38

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: umNode.setWriteProtection in LDAP import script

Hi tw102609,

which LDAPimport script are you using exactly? Where did you read this? "ldap script documentation mentioned avoiding making changes within"

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2021-07-26 12:25:38

tw102609

Hi Eduardo,
The ldapimport.groovy script. The documentation I was referring to is https://reportserver.net/en/guides/scri … sing-LDAP/

"The script also write protects all imported objects, to ensure that no objects are accidentally added to the automatically synchronized subtree."

Thanks

#4 2021-07-29 13:07:33

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi tw102609,

the given script is just a template, a skeleton, which have to be modified according to your needs. So if you need to change this, you can do it.

Pls note you can also just remove the write protection temporarily  by using  a similar script as deleteWriteProtectedUsers.groovy (available here: https://github.com/infofabrik/reportserver-samples/ ). Pls. be aware that the script deletes the users, you have to modify it to just remove write protection to them: user.writeProtection = false

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer