#1 2014-08-27 15:11:12

karolina

Dynamic List pivot and aliases

I tried Dynamic list pivot report and there is one thing I can't understand:

I have 1 dimension (client name) and 3 measures: sum of receivables, average receivables, maximum receivable. Receivables come from the same column in a data source; only aggregates change.

To make the report look better I wanted to use aliases (Sum, Average, Maximum and Client name) instead of column headers.
If I use only aliases, no data are displayed.
If I use column header (instead of alias) for dimension and one column header for measures (instead of alias) and keep other aliases for measures, the data are displayed correctly.

Besides that, I always get 'Fact count' measure displayed and I would like to hide it.

Karolina

#2 2014-08-27 15:56:48

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Dynamic List pivot and aliases

Hi Karolina,

that certainly does not sound quite right. Normally, der Fact count measure should only be displayed, if no custom measure has been selected and also aliases should not change the behavior. My guess is the following. The preview/pivot view is not directly updated, when you change something in the dimension/measure tab. To update the configuration, you need to reload the pivot table. For this use the circular arrow in the toolbar of the pivot view (right most icon).

Does this help?

Cheers
Arno

#3 2014-08-27 16:12:38

karolina

Hi Arno,

Refreshing doesn't help. I can send you screenshots, if it may help.

Karolina

#4 2014-08-27 16:19:08

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Karolina,

yes, that would probably help.

Arno

#5 2014-08-29 12:11:32

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi Karolina,

I was finally able to pin this down: The problem is that if you change a column alias after you opened the Pivot-view and stored a variant things break down because we still expect a column with the old name to be present.

We will fix this and I will let you know as soon as a new version is available.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#6 2014-08-31 21:00:41

karolina

Thank you very much for your help smile

Board footer