#1 2019-10-11 13:55:37

rorysawtelle

Email configuration issue - Bitnami ReportServer 3.1 Enterprise server

Hi!

I am running a newly deployed copy of the Debian Bitnami ReportServer Enterprise server. The server was deployed into a sandbox VMware server environment.

Below is the  my mail.cf file and the error message from the reportserver log file.  I have confirmed the email smtp server and account settings as I have copied these from another CENTOS 7 community version server (no ReportServer) that is running on the same VMWare server host. 

I am generating one of the demo reports and attempting to email it to myself as my test.  The UI reports that the message has been sent and does not return any errors, but the email never actually gets sent.

Please note that I have also tried using a gmail account with the recommended configuration and no success as well. 

Mail.cf settings:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
   <smtp>
      <host>smtp.office365.com</host>
      <port>587</port>
      <username>########@###mail.com</username>
      <password>**************</password>     
      <ssl>false</ssl>
      <tls>
         <enable>true</enable>
         <require>false</require>
      </tls>
   </smtp>
   <mail>
      <sender>#######@###mail.com</sender>
      <senderName>ReportServer</senderName>
      <forceSender>false</forceSender>
      <encryptionPolicy>allow_mixed</encryptionPolicy>
   </mail>
</configuration>

And here is a tail of the reportserver log file showing the error for reference:
09-Oct-2019 20:05:26.550 WARNING [pool-7-thread-1] net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$1.run Mail could not be send
        net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.exceptions.MailerRuntimeException: Mail could not be send
                at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$MailSupervisorImpl.handleException(MailServiceImpl.java:58)
                at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMailSync(MailServiceImpl.java:247)
                at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl$1.run(MailServiceImpl.java:270)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
                at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
                at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
        Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
                at com.sun.mail.handlers.text_plain.writeTo(text_plain.java:152)
                at javax.activation.ObjectDataContentHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:883)
                at javax.activation.DataHandler.writeTo(DataHandler.java:316)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeUtility.getEncoding(MimeUtility.java:311)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders(MimeBodyPart.java:1375)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders(MimeBodyPart.java:1021)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart.updateHeaders(MimeMultipart.java:419)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders(MimeBodyPart.java:1354)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders(MimeBodyPart.java:1021)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart.updateHeaders(MimeMultipart.java:419)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeBodyPart.updateHeaders(MimeBodyPart.java:1354)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.updateHeaders(MimeMessage.java:2107)
                at javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage.saveChanges(MimeMessage.java:2075)
                at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:123)
                at net.datenwerke.rs.core.service.mail.MailServiceImpl.sendMailSync(MailServiceImpl.java:237)
                ... 4 more

Thank you for your assistance!

Regards,

Rory Sawtelle

#2 2019-10-14 13:17:15

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Re: Email configuration issue - Bitnami ReportServer 3.1 Enterprise server

Hi Rory,

what version of java are you using exactly? And what is your reportserver version (rsversion.properties)

Regards,
Eduardo

#3 2019-10-14 16:30:46

rorysawtelle

Hi Eduardo,

-- Copied from the server:
-------------------------------------------------
     ___ _ _                   _
      | _ |_) |_ _ _  __ _ _ __ (_)
      | _ \ |  _| ' \/ _` | '  \| |
      |___/_|\__|_|_|\__,_|_|_|_|_|

*** Welcome to the Bitnami ReportServer Enterprise 3.1.0.6010-0 ***

bitnami@debian:~$ java -version
openjdk version "11.0.4" 2019-07-16
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK (build 11.0.4+11, mixed mode)

**** Text copied form Administration->License Management screen in UI
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
License Management
Server information
Version: RS3.1.0-6010 (2019-10-02-09-19-22)
Server ID: 061f950e-4e14-42e2-83ce-522d74c2fb16
Installation date:  2019 October 2
License: Enterprise Edition (Evaluation)
Expiration date: 2019 November 16
Java version: AdoptOpenJDK OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 11.0.4+11 (11)
Application server: Apache Tomcat/9.0.26
Operation system: Linux
Browser:Chrome
Browser version:77.0.3865.90

Thank you for taking a look at this!

Regards,

Rory Sawtelle

#4 2019-10-28 10:01:56

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Rory,

just to make sure this does not have to do with your Java Version: could you please try with Oracle Java 8 ?

Regards,
Eduardo

#5 2019-10-28 10:49:33

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Hi Rory,

also, please check if you are setting a subject and a text message in the test email you are sending to yourself.

Regards,
Eduardo

Board footer