#1 2020-08-06 08:03:37

anhem69@outlook.com

How to get results outside ReportServer

Hi,
I have such a case study:
I am going to embed Report Execution View in my application which should work in two modes.
Let's say (to make it easier) my datasource has table: Clients with columns: id, firstname, lastname, birthday, idnumber)

First mode:
User put filters, sorts etc in ReportServer and create report in embedded Report Execution View.

Problems:
1. I don't know how to block possibility to remove by user some columns (for example "id"). My report has a variant with pre-chosen some columns, one of them is "id" which is even hidden.
I want to give to user possibility to add or remove other columns except "id". Is it possible? I will need the "id" column values (Problem 2).
2. I need an access to some columns ("id" column) from created report in ReportServer in my application after generating report (I have to do some operations with the results on my side).
How can I achieve it?

Second mode:
I want to filter some ids on my side and then embed Report Execution View which allow user to choose columns, filters, sorts but only among passed "ids".

Problems:
1. One problem was described in (I want to pass parameter array with ids, this parameter was included as $X{} in WHERE frase).
2. How to read my table in database and put read values as parameter in ReportServer.

My idea how to solve such a study case is:
First mode:
- I want to use database to store results from ReportServer (collect ids).
  To do it I think about adding a new button in Report Execution View which execute script where I read ids from created report and write them to my database.
  Any hints which mechanism should I use to achieve such a goal?

Second mode:
- I can pass ids in URL ($X{} with parameters on ids in WHERE when generating report) but it doesn't work for me.
So I think a better solution is to have ids in database and read them in ReportServer from my database and put as parameter in WHERE - In my opinion it is even better because in the first case user in html can change URL and put different filters).
Should I use script parameter in that case?

I would be grateful if you tell me if my idea is correct or maybe there are different possibilities to fulfill my case study?
To use my idea I still need to find out answers to my above questions.

Board footer