#1 2016-11-29 13:02:56

quintg

How to stop scheduled job

To stress test the system I scheduled an report exporting around 200.000 rows in XLSX format. I ran it on a server with 16 GB RAM and configured max heap size of 12 GB. The job ran almost the whole night with 99% CPU at ~13 GB memory until it failed with http 500 error, "Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.JDBCConnectionException: unable to obtain isolated JDBC connection".
But now ReportServer is retrying the job over and over again which freezes the system. Restarting the services or even the server does not help. Is there any way to stop this job?

#2 2016-11-29 13:35:59

karolina

Re: How to stop scheduled job

Are you looking for someone relaxed enough to dare to reproduce the error? ;-)

See this post https://forum.reportserver.net/viewtopic.php?pid=1519 post #7

Hope it helps (but no guarantees, I haven't test it myself)
Karolina

#3 2016-11-29 15:23:35

quintg

Thanks for the link, that describes exactly my problem. I suppose I could have deleted the schedule from the Administration -> Scheduler screen. I also got the suggestion to use terminal command listFireTimes to kill a pending job but it isn't recognized as a command.
I'll try those options, would be better than setting the next_scheduled_fire_time to null in table rs_sched_trigger which resolved my problem for now.

#4 2016-11-29 21:53:44

jalbrecht
Administrator

There is a misleading chapterisation at 14.1.30 and 14.1.31 in the Admin Guide chapter terminal commands. It should read:

scheduler
The superordinate command scheduler includes the following commands to control the scheduler.

daemon   
Enables to start and stop the scheduler. disable will stop the scheduler and prevent it to restart in case of a ReportServer restart. Commands prefixed by wd refer to Watchdog which is integrated in the Scheduler. For further information on this refer to the Developer manual.
usage:
scheduler daemon [start, stop, restart, enable, disable, status, wdstatus, wdshutdown, wdstart, wdrestart]

listFireTimes
Lists the upcoming fire times.

usage:
scheduler listFireTimes [list, remove, unschedule]

list    Displays the job list
remove    Deletes a job from the dispositions
unschedule    Cancels a job in the dispositions.

Hope that helps

Jan

#5 2016-11-30 09:49:56

eduardo
Administrator
Website

Sorry, the documentation is wrong in this place. We will correct it. Meanwhile, the commands:

scheduler daemon [start, stop, restart, enable, disable, status, wdstatus, wdshutdown, wdstart, wdrestart]

--lists jobid , type and nextFireTime
scheduler list 

-- listFireTimes lists next 10 fireTimes if no number is specified 
scheduler listFireTimes jobid NumberofFireTimes

-- removes jobid
scheduler remove jobid

-- unschedules jobid
scheduler unschedule jobid

Eduardo

Board footer