#1 2016-10-31 18:09:55

bpeikes

New user cannot login

I've just set up community edition using the Bitnami installer. Everything seems to be working well with the admin user I created during install. I can log in to the web interface without any issues, create reports, etc.

I've now added an additional user, in the sam Administration folder under the Users and Groups section, but when this new user attempts to login, they get a"Login attempt failed".

I've looked at the users "Permission management" tab in the interface, and they appear to have the "Administrators" folk control entries, with rwxgd  rights as well as "r" rights which is inherited via the Users "Access Control Entities"

I've tried changing the password via the form as well.

Not sure what else needs to happen to allow them to login to the reportserver admin site.

#2 2016-11-01 17:23:50

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: New user cannot login

hi bpeikes,

quick check: "Administration / Permissions / ReportServer Acess". 

Did you include the "org unit / group / user (i.e. folk)" you created under "Administration / Users and Groups" here ?

hope that helps

Jan

#3 2016-11-03 19:55:09

bpeikes

It turns out the issue was that I thought the default users OU  "Administrative", was given "super_user" access, but it is not. I just didn't understand the permission scheme, but I do now.

One question remains though. I see that in the database there is a column in the rs_users table called super_user. Is there anyway to set that flag from the web based UI?
The reason I was having issues was that there was no way to know which users had the super_user bit set in the database.

#4 2016-11-03 20:19:52

jalbrecht
Administrator

Hi bpeikes, there is no way to the wether a user is superuser or not. wbr jan

Board footer