#1 2016-04-19 14:44:04

jon

BIRT reports : charts not visible on HTML and PDF

I'm currently following the installation guide https://reportserver.net/en/tutorials/dev-30/ to set up development with ReportServer.

All works, i'm able to run ReportServer.
Howether, when i'm importing a BIRT report and preview it in HTML or PDF, the chart isn't visible, even if i export it.
The chart is visible when I export in xls or doc format.

I don't get any error on eclipse console and i can reach the datasource.

Any ideas?

Regards.

#2 2016-04-19 22:55:41

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Re: BIRT reports : charts not visible on HTML and PDF

Hi Jon,

this is actually a known issue, but as it only affects the development environment we never bothered to go to the bottom of it.
If I remember correctly it is caused by invalid svg documents (with html-entities in the embedded java script).
So if you decide to hunt this down the batik and rhino dependencies are probably a good place to start.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#3 2016-04-26 06:57:11

jon

Hi Thorsten,

I just want to display the chart for this moment. So I just set the chart format to JPG and it works. Maybe i'll check for SVG later and I will ask more questions.

Thanks for the reply!

#4 2016-10-07 09:47:20

pmace

Hi Jon,

could you detail the reportServer version you're using and for which one JPG charts are well displayed ?
In my case, i'm using 3.0.2 version, as binaries instead of development, and for any chart format (JPG,PNG,BMP,SVG) and for any export type my chart isn't visible, i have a blank part wher chart should be displayed.

Thanks.
Pierre

#5 2016-10-10 07:39:18

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Pierre,

there is one BIRT demo report shipped with ReportServer that contains a chart. Could you try to do a fresh installation of ReportServer, install the demo data and see if that chart comes out fine? I've just did a test installation of ReportServer 3.0.2 via the installer (on mac os) and everything seems to work as it should. The demo report is located at Birt/TopSellingProducts.

Cheers,
Arno

Board footer