#1 2016-04-26 20:23:55

temo

Parameter Section not available

Even though I've created couple of Parameters in a dynamic list, when I execute the report, "Parameters" option in the left side bar does not show.

Another, probably connected issue - after I edit a parameter, clear some of the checkboxes (Hidden, Editable, Mandatory, Display inline) and Apply the changes, I go back to Edit and the checkboxes are still on.

Thanks, Temo

#2 2016-04-26 20:57:41

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Parameter Section not available

Hi Temo,

welcome to the ReportServer forums. I am a bit puzzled as to the problems you are facing, as I can't reproduce them. If I create a simple dynamic list as

hmg346.jpg

then add a dummy parameter (in this case a text parameter)

p1qzB2.jpg

and then open the dynamic list, I see the parameter page as

aLFi6T.jpg

Which version of ReportServer are you using and on which system? Could you maybe explain in a bit more detail (maybe a screenshot or two) what steps you are taking, as I can also not reproduce the parameter editing problem that you describe? Do you have the problems also with other reporting formats? Finally, have you noticed any error messages either within ReportServer or within any of the server logs?

Best regards,
Arno

#3 2016-04-27 15:19:24

temo

Hi Arno,

The version I installed was RS3.0.1-5834. It is running on Windows 7 with MySQL backend.

I briefly looked into the logs, but couldn't find anything related.

I can prepare a sequence of screen shots showing the issues. Could you please give me an e-mail I can submit it to?

Thanks,
Temo

#4 2016-04-27 15:21:44

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Temo,

that would be helpful. Could you send them to info@datenwerke.net.

Arno

#5 2016-04-27 18:38:37

temo

Hi Arno,
The Parameter Section is now visible and functional after reinstalling the server.
Thanks, Temo

#6 2016-04-27 18:48:01

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Temo, 

thanks for the update and good to hear that things are working now. Please let us know if anything turns up again. Btw. did you do a manual installation or use any of the installers?

Best
Arno

#7 2016-04-27 19:14:29

temo

Unfortunately, the issue is still here!

The first report I created showed the Parameter Selection.

When I created a second report with parameters, the Report Selection disappeared from all reports.

I deleted the second report and the Parameters showed in the first report .....

I tried this couple of times and the behavior is consistent.
If I don't add parameters to the second report, the first one still have the parameters available.

#8 2016-04-27 19:31:07

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Would it be possible for you to do a full export of the database with mysqldump when the error is present and send that to us? I am currently a bit lost as to how to trace this problem.

Board footer