#1 2016-04-27 08:46:34

brainchutney

TeamSpace glitch ?

Hi Arno,

I'm playing around with the RS TeamSpace area...Got to a point where I'm incredibly confused.

I have two User Groups : Admin and Managers
Two users from these groups (respectively): admin1 and manager1

The Admin group has all the access possible ..including the extra "a" flag (admin) in the teamspace tab under permissions.
The Manager group DOES NOT have the "a" flag under teamspace permissions.

I did this to setup the Manager role that is provided in TeamSpace. (skip para if needed...just an FYI)
(Initially I had tried to configure manager1 under the Admin group but inside the teamspace manager1 had full Admin access irrespective of whether I assigned a Manager role to manager1 or an Admin role...basically the "remove teamspace" options was avaiable to manager1..which should not be true for a manager..as per the admin guide..so i added a new role called Manager without the TeamSpace "a" flag)

NOW,
I noticed something weird...When a teamspace, say "A" was CREATED BY admin1 and the manager role was designated to manager1...everything worked perfectly... i.e manager1 had everything EXCEPT the "remove teamspace" button.
BUT,
When manager1 created a teamspace, say "B" he, the teamspace configuration was not available for manager1. So manager1 can ONLY CREATE teamspaces but cannot configure them...what makes this worse is that if manager1 cannot add admin1 to the teamspace...its lost to everyone except manager1...so UNLESS manager1 is given admin rights (the "a" flag) these teamspaces cannot be touched (to be configured or removed)...which makes manager1 created teamspace kind of pointless tongue

So, from what I can make of this...only teamspaces of type A are "functional" ...not of type B.

I may have missed out something simple...like a permission or a step. It'd be super if you could help me figure this out.

Thanks smile

PS: Can you please just take a look at the Admin guide. Portion 3.1 . The third row seems to have some problem. I'm guessing it should be called Managers...and theres something inconsistent in the description... w.r.t importing objects.

#2 2016-04-27 10:33:26

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: TeamSpace glitch ?

Hi,

I am afraid this is indeed a bug. If you have the permissions to create a TeamSpace, then you should also be able to edit the created TeamSpace. I've raised a ticket [RS-2274] and we'll fix this as part of the next maintenance release.

One note, your admin user can currently also edit TeamSpaces created by manager1. For this you need to select the TeamSpace via the admin selector (see screenshot):

0xRcmB.jpg

As for the Admin guide. I am not quite sure I found the problem. What third row are you speaking about? Admin Guide 3.1 is about the user management. What am I missing?

Cheers,
Arno

#3 2016-04-27 12:39:30

brainchutney

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the note bit. I hadn't noticed the Admin button. Helps a lot actually ...coz i dont have to change permissions for manager1. smile

Apologies on the Admin guide bit.. It was the user guide i meant to mention...

User Guide 3.1

Any proposed (approximate) date for the next maintenance release ?

Thanks

#4 2016-04-27 15:25:01

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

I've fixed the part in the documentation. Thanks for the pointer. As for the release date: I can't give you anything official, but my guess would be end of May.

Arno

Board footer