#1 2015-05-14 11:21:26

ralex

How to have a boolean parameter displayed as checkbox?

Hi,
I need to setup a boolean parameter as checkbox , how can I do?
I set up a text parameter as boolean java type, but I need to type FALSE or TRUE anytime in the input box.
Thanks for your support.

Alex

#2 2015-05-14 16:19:25

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: How to have a boolean parameter displayed as checkbox?

Hi Alex,

what you can use is a datasource parameter. You can either write a simple dummy query returning two values or, for example, define a CSV datasource with an argument connector. Then you could
use the following to define a boolean parameter

value; display
true; Yeah
false; Boo

Choose single select, radio and boolean and you should be done.

Cheers
-Arno

#3 2015-05-15 06:42:21

ralex

Thanks a milion, works like a charm wink

Since Reportserver does not have the concept of required parameter, how can I specify in the patter field (parameter properties) that the parameter has to be only numeric and only five digits.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

#4 2015-05-15 07:01:33

ralex

ralex wrote:

Thanks a milion, works like a charm wink

Since Reportserver does not have the concept of required parameter, how can I specify in the patter field (parameter properties) that the parameter has to be only numeric and only five digits.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Hi,
I self answered smile the pattern has to be : ^[0-9]*$ (for only numeric), but I can't filter the empty field value. I mean, I also tried ^[0-9]+$ , but Reportserver allow me to leave the field empty and if I run the report like this I get an execption  beacause this parameter is required into the report.

How can I do ?

Thanks,
Alex

#5 2015-05-15 07:12:21

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi Alex,

I am afraid you'll have to wait for the next version. We've integrated a concept for making parameters mandatory.

Cheers
-Arno

#6 2016-04-19 21:37:54

asiTechsupport

So I still don't see a boolean parameter in the current version... this was extremely confusing for me because parameter extraction was failing because of the system not recognizing a boolean parameter type in a BIRT report. Is there a plan to get this implemented sometime, other than using the datasource trick?

Also, back in 2014 there was mention in a forum post of a boolean report parameter in version 2.1.4, was that referring to a different type of parameter?

#7 2016-04-20 18:15:20

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've filed a bug report to look into the parameter extraction. As for a boolean parameter, there are no immediate plans, but also here I filed a feature request ticket.

Board footer