#1 2016-04-18 12:20:57

Mathilde

Pivot button

Hello,

I try to do charts (pies, bars ...) to do a dashboard, from MySQM data, using, of course, ReportServer 3.0.1-4. to build charts, I see two means:
1) dynamic list in pivot mode. I can access data and see tables but can't go in pivot mode. The Pivot button is not there (according to the first picture of chapter 6 in user guide, Pivot button is near Schedule button) Is there any configuration parameter that has to be set ?
2) use saiku reports. Is it possible from a MySQL source ? I tried without request and with basic SQL and MDX requests but cannot access data. Could you provide an example ? By the way, documentation about Saiku reports seems to be outdated.

A detail question : is it possible to do maps with reportserver ? With what type of dadget ?

Best regards,

Mathilde

#2 2016-04-18 12:33:08

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Pivot button

Hi Mathilde,

the pivot mode is only available in ReportServer Enterprise. Are you using the enterprise or community version?

Saiku reports require a mondrian datasource. This can then point to, for example, a mysql datasource. Mondrian datasources are described on https://reportserver.net/en/guides/admi … Datasource. If you install the demo data then there is also a running example of a saiku report.

As for maps, there is no "clickable" way to obtain maps. What I'd suggest is a script report (requires ReportServer Enterprise) or a simple HTML dadget that is backed up by a Dynamic List. To render the maps I find leafletjs quite a nice library.

Cheers,
Arno

Board footer