#1 2015-11-25 10:32:10

ralex

How to show users and groups

Hi All,
I have the following problem . I defined a user group and inside that a user. I also gave several permission to allow to create reports.
The issue is anytime I want to grant the execution rights to another user belonging to another a user group. After clicking "add" button over access control entries and I want to choose the user whom I would like to grant to, I can't see any user to choose....
I tried to add/grant several rights by using root user to this account, but I can't see anything
Below the url with a snapshot of my problem.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zvrf4.jpg

#2 2015-11-25 10:57:05

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: How to show users and groups

Hi Ralex,

does your user have "read" rights for any users or groups? It should only see those users and groups that it is allowed to "read".

Hope this helps
-Arno

#3 2015-11-25 11:31:14

ralex

My user (called didatweb) belongs to a group (called G_didatweb) where the direct members are itself(didatweb) and the administrator.
This user (didatweb) has under "access control entries" in the user management module some folks with read rights that I defined via admin user .Please see the picture via url http://i63.tinypic.com/beam4x.jpg

Then ,I log in as didatweb user go to under "report manager" module , create a report click on "permission management" tab , then click add button under access control entries ,but I can't see any user to add.

#4 2015-11-25 14:32:09

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Hi,

at an object, you always configure the permissions for handling that particular object. Thus, in your example, you've given the user immaweb read right for the user didatweb and not the other way round. What you probably want to do is to go to the "User Root" node and configure a read right for didatweb that is inheritable.

Cheers
-Arno

#5 2015-11-26 07:18:20

ralex

Many thanks! smile
It works fine!

Arno Mittelbach wrote:

Hi,

at an object, you always configure the permissions for handling that particular object. Thus, in your example, you've given the user immaweb read right for the user didatweb and not the other way round. What you probably want to do is to go to the "User Root" node and configure a read right for didatweb that is inheritable.

Cheers
-Arno

Last edited by ralex (2015-11-26 07:18:41)

Board footer