#1 2017-08-08 09:24:31

Alvaro

Allow users to change their credentials

Good morning,

We are having e-mail changes in my company and to avoid changing all the user addresses manually I want the users to change their RS mail addresses by themselves, so my question is:

How can I allow users to change their credentials from the user profile pane?

I am trying to grant the correct rights to do so but nothing seems to work, I know it can be done because I can do it as an administrator. Can you help me with this issue please?

Thank you and best regards,
Álvaro

#2 2017-08-08 11:47:49

jalbrecht
Administrator

Re: Allow users to change their credentials

Hi Alvaro,

the user needs the 'w' (write) permission on her or himself. This is not granted by default. You can grant this permission on any level of granularity. On user level you would have to grant user 'Rodrigo' in user management 'w' permission on user 'Rodrigo'.
To manage this type of user permission on user level appears to be time consuming. Therefore you can also grant a folder of users (i.e. organisational unit) the 'W' on itself, resulting in every user in the folder having the permission to change every user in the folder. Due to the fact that users without administration permission can only access their own profile information this, from our point of view, is not an issue.

The permission on folder / oganisational unit level can be  removed easily.

wbr jan

#3 2017-08-08 14:26:16

Alvaro

Re: Allow users to change their credentials

Dear Jan,

It works perfectly. As you said they don't have access to the administration section so this solution is perfect.

Thank you very much!

Álvaro

Board footer