#1 2016-08-03 11:07:19

repser

Email configuration - no recipients found that support encryption

Hi,

I tried schedule report to email without success.

Regardless what is in mail.cf, always got error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: no recipients found that support encryption,
but strict encryption policy was configured
at net.datenwerke.rs.scheduler.service.scheduler.mail.MailReportAction$1.handleException(MailReportAction.java:134)

When mail.cf changes are made, I reload configs in terminal using command config reload.

My OS is Amazon AWS Linux and tomcat8 with java 1.7.0.
What I missed? What encryption..

#2 2016-08-03 11:17:26

Thomas Davies
datenwerke

Re: Email configuration - no recipients found that support encryption

Hi repser,

welcome to the forum.

The error message says that ReportServer cannot find any email recipients to which it can send encrypted emails. Most possibly, this is because it cannot pick up the public keys of the recipients. In order for ReportServer to pick up the relevant keys you need to configure a CredentialProvider. This is done in etc/security/crypto.cf. Have a look at https://reportserver.net/en/guides/conf … roperties/ for additional information.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

#3 2016-08-03 11:56:16

repser

Thomas Davies wrote:

The error message says that ReportServer cannot find any email recipients to which it can send encrypted emails.

Thanks for very fast reply!

As I understand - ReportServer try to encrypt and/or sign email message. How to prevent message encryption? I will send a plain message.
I don't need message level encryption, only tranport level TLS will be use.

Whole "cryptocredentials" -section contect in my crypto.cf is commented out. I think that it is by default commented out..

Thanks.

#4 2016-08-03 12:09:52

Thomas Davies
datenwerke

Yes, per default ReportServer does not try to enforce encryption. In this case you should set the encryption policy to

<encryptionPolicy>allow_mixed</encryptionPolicy>

This tells ReportServer to encrypt if possible and otherwise send the mail in the clear. As I understood it, you set the property to

<encryptionPolicy>strict</encryptionPolicy>

which in turn will prohibit unencrypted mails being sent. This setting of course only works if credential providers (in the crypto.cf) are properly configured.

#5 2016-08-03 13:00:21

repser

Thomas Davies wrote:
<encryptionPolicy>allow_mixed</encryptionPolicy>

This tells ReportServer to encrypt if possible and otherwise send the mail in the clear.

Value "allow_mixed" is the magic word. Now email works.
My eyes didn't see that there was "false". Maybe my mistake..

Thanks a lot.

Board footer