#1 2016-04-26 20:57:56

bodnarlajos

Cannot locate configuration source META-INF/persistence.xml

Hello.

I tried to install Reportserver again on an other server, still unsuccessful.

Now localhost log says: "Cannot locate configuration source META-INF/persistence.xml"

But its there, I renamed the "skeleton" file (not modified). Maybe I should? Or a right problem for the tomcat user?

Can you please help me? thank you in advance,
Lajos

From the log:

INFO: ContextListener: attributeAdded('org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache', 'org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache@3c18ab')
Apr 26, 2016 10:45:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class net.datenwerke.rs.ReportServerServiceConfig
java.lang.RuntimeException: ReportServer does not want to start under these circumstances: Cannot locate configuration source META-INF/persistence.xml
    at net.datenwerke.rs.ReportServerServiceConfig.preStartCheck(ReportServerServiceConfig.java:510)
    at net.datenwerke.rs.ReportServerServiceConfig.getInjector(ReportServerServiceConfig.java:203)
    at com.google.inject.servlet.GuiceServletContextListener.contextInitialized(GuiceServletContextListener.java:45)
    at net.datenwerke.gf.DwGwtFrameworkBase.contextInitialized(DwGwtFrameworkBase.java:57)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:4827)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5321)
    at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:899)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:875)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:618)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:1100)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDirectory.run(HostConfig.java:1618)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.commons.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot locate configuration source META-INF/persistence.xml
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:259)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractFileConfiguration.load(AbstractFileConfiguration.java:238)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.load(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:184)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.<init>(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:95)
    at org.apache.commons.configuration.XMLConfiguration.<init>(XMLConfiguration.java:259)
    at net.datenwerke.rs.ReportServerServiceConfig.preStartCheck(ReportServerServiceConfig.java:492)
    ... 16 more

#2 2016-04-26 21:20:40

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Cannot locate configuration source META-INF/persistence.xml

Hi Lajos,

may I ask what version you are trying to install and on what system? I am asking, because ReportServer 3.0.1 does not have a .skelleton file any longer. In WEB-INF/classes/META-INF there should be a single file called persistence.xml which should not be changed. The configuration instead goes into persistence.properties which is in WEB-INF/classes. Note that a fresh download comes with a file called persistence.properties.example which should be renamed into persistence.properties and then adapted.

Best regards,
Arno

#3 2016-04-27 06:29:56

bodnarlajos

2.2 , cos I install it on Debian, and I couldn't install java8, only java7.

#4 2016-04-27 06:47:20

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

You said you are running tomcat. Could you go to the webapps directory "cd TOMCAT_PATH/webapps" and do a

ls -l reportserver/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF

Also note that you need to eventually change the persistence.xml file as your database configuration goes in there.

#5 2016-04-27 07:22:40

bodnarlajos

root@Report-teszt:/var/lib/tomcat7/webapps# ls -l ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF
total 20
-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat7 tomcat7 20183 Mar  8  2015 persistance.xml

Instead of reportserver directory I had ROOT, now I renamed it.
Now I got this in catalina log, localhost log contains no error:

INFO: Deploying web application directory /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps/reportserver
Apr 27, 2016 9:18:42 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext startInternal
SEVERE: Error listenerStart

Edit: And thanks, I've just set the user and password in that xml, the rest seems to be ok.

Last edited by bodnarlajos (2016-04-27 07:23:43)

#6 2016-04-27 08:35:05

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi,

you got a typo in the filename: it should be persistence.xml (with an E, not an A).

Also: ReportServer 3.0 works with java 7, too. So no need to go for the 2.2 version.
More importantly, if you say you couldn't install java 8, you probably ended up with openjdk instead of the sun/oracle java runtime.
This is known to cause some weird and hard to trace problems, you should consider a switch.

Below you find instructions on how to install java on debian using a package repository:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/03/how-to-i … ebian.html

Cheers,
Thorsten

#7 2016-04-27 20:29:28

bodnarlajos

It was the typo!!! Thank you very much!

Thanks also for your comment and help about java and 3.0, I'll use it on the final server I make. (Its a test only first, where I want to test Reportserver's abilities.

Cheers!
God bless you for your kindness!

Board footer