#1 2016-03-24 11:48:23

tok

BIRT report "fuzzy"

What's wrong with my BIRT reports under ReportServer? They look somehow "fuzzy". Below is one example screenshot of the same report in BIRT Report Viewer and in ReportServer.

difference

See the difference especially in texts?

I also looked your DEMO server and BIRT reports have same kind of "fuzziness" there. Anything I can do to make BIRT reports look better?

#2 2016-03-25 10:55:02

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: BIRT report "fuzzy"

Hi Tok,

what format did you export the reports to? My best guess is that this is a browser/pdf viewer problem. The following is a screenshot of the HTML export of a BIRT Report in our demo system with Chrome which looks fine to me.

FESv2.jpg

Here is a second screenshot of a PDF export with a high zoom:

NyCyd.jpg

Cheers,
Arno

#3 2016-03-30 08:38:17

tok

Thank you for your answer. This really seems to be a browser problem. I'm using Firefox (version 45.0.1 on Windows 7) and it's the html output that looks unsharp. I tested the same report with Chrome and it looks much better and sharp.

What I still wonder is why my BIRT reports look fine on Firefox with BIRT Report Viewer application but not in ReportServer. Have anyone else any experience of this?

#4 2016-03-30 09:10:03

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

If both output HTML, have you compared the HTML source to see if there is any difference?

Board footer