#1 2013-05-30 17:37:00

quasimotoca

Drill down on report

Hi:

One last item and I'll have everything I need.  Is it possible to drill down on a report using a URL field?  (or how is drill-down accomplished?)

Cheers,
Dave

#2 2013-05-31 07:18:13

Arno Mittelbach
datenwerke

Re: Drill down on report

Hi Dave,

I've hacked together a quick blog post. Hope that helps.

Cheers
Arno

#3 2013-06-12 00:28:14

quasimotoca

Hi Arno:

Perfect, thanks.

Dave

#4 2013-10-09 12:34:58

sspiros

Hi,

I am a bit confused setting up drill-down in BIRT Reports.
In order to implement drill do I have to go through the export-servlet?

So far in eclipse I could choose hyperlink type "drill-through" point to another rptdesign
pass the parameters and save them under the same folder in tomcat. Generated links were
working correctly. Using this approach in reportserver the links are not working.

Is it a matter of configuration or I must select a URI hyperlink type when designing?
If it is mandatory to use URI how can i maintain the viewer (with paging, zoom,etc)
on the next popup? My attempts led to error:
.....<div class="errorpage-stacktrace">javax.persistence.NoResultException: No entity found for query)......

Thanks in advance,
Spiros Sotiropoulos

#5 2013-10-09 14:02:57

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi,

you are right, currently the drill through url type is not supported, but at a first glance it seems rather easy to implement, so we will probably offer this in a future release.

In the meantime you have to manually create hyperlinks to the reportexport servlet.

The base of the url is

http://SERVER:PORT/reportserverbasedir/reportserver/reportexport

with these additional parameters

id	Specifies the report
key	As an alternative to id, key can be used to select reports.
p_	Can be used to specify parameters. After the underscore character, the parameter will be
	prompted by its key. p_myparameter=abc|def, for instance, can be used to set a list 
	parameter to abc and def.
format	Defines the output format. Possible values are: html,pdf,csv,excel,png as well 
	as TABLE_TEMPLATE. With tabletemplate_id=  the id of the template to be used will be given.

To open the report in the internal viewer use the url

http://SERVER:PORT/reportserverbasedir/resources/pdf.js/viewer.html?file=

and as the file-parameter pass the url as described above. Don't forget to properly urlencode all specials characters.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#6 2013-10-14 08:45:55

sspiros

Thanks Thorsten for the fast reply,
Yes it is working that way. Quick question though, at the new window of the detailed report the export functionality (I mean the toolbar) is not there. Is there a way to include it at the top of the viewer as well?

#7 2013-10-14 10:23:32

Thorsten J. Krause
datenwerke
Website

Hi,

you can use urls like

"http://server/rsbasedir/ReportServer.html#reportexec/key:asd&p_pCity:thecity&v:preview"

with the same parameters as above, but using a colon (:) instead of the equal sign (=) to separate keys and values.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to persuade Birt not to open links in the iframe, but perhaps there is another way.

Cheers,
Thorsten

#8 2013-10-15 07:32:44

sspiros

That's it! Thanks

Board footer